• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Shooters Discount will be there. I am currently working trying to get in the neat merchandise that we are noted for. Most of it should be arriving just before the show. I'm not going to indicate what it'll be until we have it in our hands; don't want to jinx it.

Just dont forget to Bring the SR1911 Rugers you promised ! I will be the first person at the table.:D

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    if I see a Luger there, and have my C&R certificate with me can I by it cash and carry, or do I still have to deal with the 7 day wait, and all the normal regulated gun paperwork mess?

IIRC, you need to follow all MD laws for a regulated firearm because the transaction and transfer is taking place in MD. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

You could use your C&R to purchase a Luger from another state through Gunbroker or just travelling around the country. EDIT: I think the buyer and seller cannot both be MD residents to use the C&R for regulated firearms. The seller must be a resident of another state to bypass MD's regulated firearms laws.

There is a thread with some good information related to this going on here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=79353&page=2

IANAL

Last edited:

dr_baer

Gotta go, there's always something to pick up. Gun shows are a good place to get blocks of ammo for cash.

crewdog.gif

captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    C&R is only good by mail or out of state. If you buy in state it is the same as buying a eegular gun through a dealer.

However you can take a ride to Va or PA and swap c&R guns and certs with a MD resident as long as the transaction is out of state.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    IIRC, you need to follow all MD laws for a regulated firearm because the transaction and transfer is taking place in MD. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

You could use your C&R to purchase a Luger from another state through Gunbroker or just travelling around the country. EDIT: I think the buyer and seller cannot both be MD residents to use the C&R for regulated firearms. The seller must be a resident of another state to bypass MD's regulated firearms laws.

There is a thread with some good information related to this going on here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=79353&page=2

IANAL

You're right as far as I know. That's what the old guy in leather was arguing to the KNS Shooting Supplies guy or whatever his company was during the Perryville show.

This old dude was trying to buy a C&R pistol while in Maryland, in which he got very hot and bothered when he was told he cannot take delivery of that handgun the same day as he bought in Maryland, and would follow the normal 7 day procedure.

As far as I know that's only good for as you say, which is out of state transfers.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    ......and to add to the mess:

If an out-of-state (non Maryland resident) C&R Licensee purchases a regulated C&R firearm while in Maryland, it would need to be shipped to him, not taking possession in Md.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Can someone who gets there early post up if there are any good deal on Ammo cans. I'd be willing to waste the 8 bucks if able to get some cans at a decent price.

jodavk

Nov 30, 2010
    Someone please post up if there are decent spam can ammo deals; I may have a chance to go late Sat or early Sunday. TIA

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Rumor has it that Bob Ehrlich will be at the show today for something; IIRC, a book signing???:shrug:

Can someone who gets there early post up if there are any good deal on Ammo cans. I'd be willing to waste the 8 bucks if able to get some cans at a decent price.

Saw a pallet of .50 ammo cans, don't know price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom