• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cdcrews01

Jun 8, 2013
    I bought a new Ruger 10/22 last week on Black Friday and took it out for the first time today. I shot the first ten rounds without issue. 2 rounds into the second magazine the trigger would no longer "engage", it felt like the safety was still on. Since it was right out of the box, the store is going to send it back to Ruger to be repaired.

This is my first Ruger and I hope it isn't a sign of things to come from this rifle. Has anyone had this problem before?

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have four 10/22's. I have never had any issues from any of them. I am sorry about your bad luck with this one. Don't worry. Rugers customer service is terrific.

ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    I have a 10/22 as well and have had it for a couple of years. I never had any issues with OEM trigger but recently replaced it with a Clark's Custom trigger.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Wow. Hopefully it's just a one time issue. I have an early 2000s 10/22 and a new takedown 10/22 and neither of them have had this issue. Ruger should make it right though.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    If you know how to take the trigger assembly apart.. The safety bar may have turned inside. If not.. Let ruger fix it.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Like lx1x mentioned, the safety has a very rare habit of spinning, which spins the flat out of alignment with whatever it runs into (it's been three years since I learned this the hard way), which then locks the safety on.

If your safety moves back and forth (safe to unsafe), but doesn't really 'snap' into place, the safety has likely rotated.

Put the safety bar into firing mode (red, your dead) and see if you can twist or spin the safety in its bore.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    they are not very complex. Its always something simple. the safety is usually the issue if a trigger has an issue. I've built several triggers, the safety is the only thing that has ever caused an issue.

Cdcrews01

Jun 8, 2013
    Update:

Got my 10/22 back today 10 days after I sent it in! Ruger swapped out the trigger assembly so I'll never know if the issue was with the safety or not. I am very impressed with their customer service though! I plan on taking it back out tomorrow morning and trying again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom