• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    We just received 100 Colt M16 parts kits from the Vietnam era. All are complete except lower receiver and barrel (not importable). M16 lower fire control parts are included however all NFA rules apply. Not all have the rack number on the stock. All still have cosmoline to storage.

$475 cash/check.

Attachments

• IMG_3275.JPG
      IMG_3275.JPG
      38.3 KB · Views: 12,421
    • IMG_3276.JPG
      IMG_3276.JPG
      35.3 KB · Views: 10,262
    • IMG_3277.JPG
      IMG_3277.JPG
      30.8 KB · Views: 10,273
    • IMG_3278.JPG
      IMG_3278.JPG
      31.2 KB · Views: 9,865
    • IMG_3279.JPG
      IMG_3279.JPG
      30.5 KB · Views: 9,849

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Are these compatible with the lowers we have on order through you?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Where were they imported from?

Looks like they could be fun for a retro-Israeli build with a new 16" barrel and my old Colt stock.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    May be a dumb ? but what puts these into the NFA realm? I see that it has the M16 FCG but am not sure what makes that "naughty"

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    May be a dumb ? but what puts these into the NFA realm? I see that it has the M16 FCG but am not sure what makes that "naughty"

I called and spoke to Buddy. He said it's the FCG. So all you need is a barrel, a lower, and a FCG to build the rifle.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    That is what I was told. You can't put it in the gun, but you can have it in your possession.

I am not entirely clear on the NFA rules for these kits. If they existed prior to 1986 in the US can you not apply for the NFA stamp to install into a new build?

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I am not entirely clear on the NFA rules for these kits. If they existed prior to 1986 in the US can you not apply for the NFA stamp to install into a new build?

You can't do anything with the full auto parts, just forget about them. there is no way to build a FA m16 with these parts.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    so you can have the parts, just not install them? what are the chances should the ATF do a search and find the parts and a couple of half built lowers that you've now just made a shit ton of trouble for yourself?

jsnider22

Feb 3, 2012
    Walkersville, MD
    so you can have the parts, just not install them? what are the chances should the ATF do a search and find the parts and a couple of half built lowers that you've now just made a shit ton of trouble for yourself?

I could be wrong but I don't think its an issue. With your standard AR lower there is no way to install the sear anyway, which would make it full auto. It would require additional work as Billman explained.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD

Don't play with the ATF, they'll shoot your dog...:innocent0

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    yeah no shit. especially considering I will soon be waiving my inspection rights with my first nfa purchase. If nothing else this thread has made me spend sime time further researching the AR-15 platform, so afternoon well spent!

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Simple, sell the FA parts for $150-$200 (with auto sear). Or sell the sear and mod the LPG.

As for the mags, hope they change them out for 20's or lower the price.

Kits will sell fast. Now, where is my NDS lower:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom