• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Lipsey's recently got a batch of newly manufactured Beretta 92G's in. On a lark, I had my FFL order one for me. For a plain vanilla Beretta, I think that the G variant is the most desirable. I've wanted a new 92G for many years, and am glad that I was finally able to get this one.

Anyone else going to get one?

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    Lipsey's recently got a batch of newly manufactured Beretta 92G's in. On a lark, I had my FFL order one for me. For a plain vanilla Beretta, I think that the G variant is the most desirable. I've wanted a new 92G for many years, and am glad that I was finally able to get this one.

This is the variant that has the decocker only safety, right?

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Yup. I think it fixes one of the primary shortcomings of the 92FS by featuring a decocker only.

While I never use the safety on a 92 as such, I see it as a minor inconvenience rather than a shortcoming. You generally only decock after chambering and before holstering the handgun -- so split-seconds don't count and the adrenaline isn't flowing. Taking the safety back off is automatic muscle-memory for me with a 92.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    While I never use the safety on a 92 as such, I see it as a minor inconvenience rather than a shortcoming. You generally only decock after chambering and before holstering the handgun -- so split-seconds don't count and the adrenaline isn't flowing. Taking the safety back off is automatic muscle-memory for me with a 92.

Don't you need an excuse to buy a new handgun? :cool:

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    After several months, I got the call from Wilson Combat that my upper is ready to come home. I've had the barrel shortened / recrowned and added a fiber-optic front sight and a rear battle sight. Should be in my hands by mid-week.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE

I just picked up a Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier from the "second batch" (they only made a thousand in the first run). Gotta tell you - it is SWEET. :party29:

Orthogonal

Jul 23, 2013
    Bel Air
    I just picked up a Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier from the "second batch" (they only made a thousand in the first run). Gotta tell you - it is SWEET. :party29:

I pick up mine this week. I am really going to like those Wilson sights. Extremely pretty gun too - but I expect that it will be a shooter for me.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia

Aren't they, though? :D

I pick up mine this week. I am really going to like those Wilson sights. Extremely pretty gun too - but I expect that it will be a shooter for me.

I'm sure you'll love your new gun. Enjoy it!

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    3484df73-dca4-4bf6-8733-79f688264e32.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

and

I had Wilson cut / recrown the barrel and put on the higher profile steel / fiber optic sights.

Since September 2014, I've installed Wilson's steel trigger, a Beretta D mainspring (thanks ToddG) and the Wilson grips / mag release. Despite what the naysayers think, the 92G is a very shootable platform, and can turn out excellent accuracy.

I'm going to grab a few boxes of 115 grain Speer Lawman FMJ and head to the range.

Last edited:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Was the G model made solely to make sure one didn't forget to flip off the safety? Carrying a DA decocked seems safe enough, no?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Was the G model made solely to make sure one didn't forget to flip off the safety? Carrying a DA decocked seems safe enough, no?

If you do a speed reload and grab the slide to rack it, it is very easy to accidentally engage the safety on the 92, which will decock the gun and leave it on safe.

Twofer

Regular Guy
    Dec 13, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I think that the G variant is the most desirable. I've wanted a new 92G for many years, and am glad that I was finally able to get this one.

I'm good. :D

Of course I couldn't just get a regular Beretta, I had to search far and wide (berettaforum.net, for 15 minutes) to find an Elite II in good condition. In fact, my gun was originally purchased by a gentleman who bought at 92 and 96 at the same time. He shot the 92 frequently, and just left the 96 in the safe for over a decade before he saw my WTB post. What luck.

I swapped out the standard grips for some houge's. It's a good shooter. The DA pull leaves a bit to be desired, but the SA works out nicely.

Attachments

• burretta1.jpg
      burretta1.jpg
      71.3 KB · Views: 702

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads