• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I just started the long wait on this can from Silencer Shop. It will be my first NFA item, and I'm going the trust route.

Going to be used on .308, 300 Blackout, and 5.56.

I don't have much to say or ask, I'm just pumped to be finally entering the game - so I made a thread about it.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Yessir! I'm shopping around for them now. Can't wait!

Unfortunately, you have to wait. ;) My first can several years ago took forever. It was a couple months for the MSP and then 7 months for the ATF. Things are moving faster wight eh ATF these days. Now I kinda forget about them. Yea right. I got 3 in jail now.

You should call the Silencer shop and ask about the FFL. I read on arfcom that the FFL that they used for one guy used was 100 miles one way from him. Just saying....

Congrats on the new can. You will enjoy it.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Unfortunately, you have to wait. ;) My first can several years ago took forever. It was a couple months for the MSP and then 7 months for the ATF. Things are moving faster wight eh ATF these days.

You should call the Silencer shop and ask about the FFL. I read on arfcom that the FFL that they used for one guy used was 100 miles one way from him. Just saying....

Congrats on the new can. You will enjoy it.

Patience is not my strong suit. I had to go the trust route living in Alexandria, because the commie CLEO won’t sign off on NFA items. I still imagine it will be 6+ months until I can take ownership.

I might have to call them about the FFL. I don’t mind a drive though. VA is pretty.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Since you're in Alexandria, I'd guess Sharpshooters, Virginia Arms, or Loudoun Guns. Those are the three off the top of my head that are Class 3 shops in NOVA.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Patience is not my strong suit. I had to go the trust route living in Alexandria, because the commie CLEO won’t sign off on NFA items. I still imagine it will be 6+ months until I can take ownership.

I might have to call them about the FFL. I don’t mind a drive though. VA is pretty.

Yes please do call them and post the results. Interesting info. I haven't bought from them. I get mine locally. A guy in my club bought one recently from them. He told me they were sending to a shop about 60 miles from him. He didn't mind since he has dealt with them before.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Not sure yet. I did the Silencer Shop Direct option, where they ship it to a contracted FFL near my address and I just pick it up when the stamp comes back - no transfer fee.

Your still paying a transfer fee ($265 for the stamp and transfer). Most shops will charge you $75 for a can transfer ($275 for stamp and transfer). I guess you will save $10 but driving 45 miles each way will eat that up. Enjoy the can, I hate shooting with out one on my guns now. :D

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I have the Ti version, pretty happy with it for my first can...... it was a slippery slope after that........ I just leave it on my blackout now.....

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Broncolou I'm looking at the Ti version locally, is there any downsides to the YHM you're pretty happy so does that mean you wish you bought a different supressor?

I have the Ti version, pretty happy with it for my first can...... it was a slippery slope after that........ I just leave it on my blackout now.....

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country

Have the same one on my 300 Blk. that I switch out across a couple other platforms. Mostly, like you, I keep it on the blackout. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom