Frostbite Shoot - Jan 27th, 2008 After Action Report!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    You loved it, and you know it. Did you ever get a round down range of the 50 BMG? Next time I'll make it up to you, free shots, 5 rounds. But I want to try some of those guns you had too.

Now your talkin:D:D

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County

Attachments

• IMG_2029.JPG
      IMG_2029.JPG
      89.5 KB · Views: 340
    • IMG_2030.JPG
      IMG_2030.JPG
      87.5 KB · Views: 341
    • IMG_2031.JPG
      IMG_2031.JPG
      91.5 KB · Views: 344

houserocker

Guero Loco
    Jan 14, 2008
    Laurel, DE
    It was great meeting so many of you guys. Thanks to Novus for letting me try his conversion cylinder for my charcoal burner and for letting me have a go at his 9mm CZ, Corsica coating for handing me his suppressed .22, the guy with the weightless .357 for letting me bruise my hand with it, and everyone else who let me shoot their cool stuff. As a noob to this group, I am so impressed by what a fine group of people you all are and most of all how safe I felt leaving my guns and walking around to gawk, and the high safety conditions in general. The best part for me was, however, when they called a cease fire so I could take a solo with my New Army revolver. What a welcome for a new guy! See ya'll next time.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    How could I forget.... Thanks a ton for letting me shoot the M&P45 DD! I definitely want to try the 9 when you get it! I think that's going to be my next handgun!

You shoulda said something dude, the 9 is the one I was carrying and you certainly were welcome to shoot it.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    You shoulda said something dude, the 9 is the one I was carrying and you certainly were welcome to shoot it.

Not the topic of the quote, but thanks a bunch for helping me with my M1A. I would have never noticed the bolt and roller issue without your experienced eye. I guess it gets to take a trip back to Springfield now. :sad20:

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Well i just got home myself!!!

Glad i didnt make it down to the shoot today!!! Wife started to have contractions at 130pm. By 5 pm they were within 5 min of each other and by 8:55 we had another addition to the family!

I could imagine DR.Zeke uncovering the old Mardela Springs hospital chair and stirrups from the back.

Both are healthy, (8lb 11 oz ) I dont mind seeing the after birth and blood and seeing a watermelon come out of hole the size of a lemon. But i did almost pass out from seeing them give her the ephideral. They use some HUGE needles.

Well im off for the week playing mr. mom.

I

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Congratulations! Now go here and take care of business -> http://www.crickett.com

Seriously though, I'm glad everything is okay. I didn't even know you guys were due. I've been through three, and I know that it is never a fun time. In my case I've never seen "a watermelon come out of hole the size of a lemon" as all three were C-Section. I just got to see my wifes innards splayed out on the table. Boy or girl?

Well i just got home myself!!!

Glad i didnt make it down to the shoot today!!! Wife started to have contractions at 130pm. By 5 pm they were within 5 min of each other and by 8:55 we had another addition to the family!

I could imagine DR.Zeke uncovering the old Mardela Springs hospital chair and stirrups from the back.

Both are healthy, (8lb 11 oz ) I dont mind seeing the after birth and blood and seeing a watermelon come out of hole the size of a lemon. But i did almost pass out from seeing them give her the ephideral. They use some HUGE needles.

Well im off for the week playing mr. mom.

I

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    Congratulations on the baby, I wish I could have been at the shoot also but I am still dealing with my Grandmother being sick, and I took my Aunt back to Pittsburgh yesterday. Glad everyone had a good time.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Apparently someone dodged a bullet...literally. Whatever this was must have ricocheted off of one of the steel plates and landed in the bed of my truck. (Unless someone picked it up and put it there.

D'oh.....that would have left a mark.
    :eek:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The best part for me was, however, when they called a cease fire so I could take a solo with my New Army revolver. What a welcome for a new guy! See ya'll next time.

We're a full service operation :D

I was in total sympathy with you on that deal.....nothing like spending 5 minutes loading a BP pistol and then finding out that the ceasefire just got called.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm amazed at how many people I didn't get a chance to really talk with or meet yesterday. I'll have to work on that for the next shoot.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I'm amazed at how many people I didn't get a chance to really talk with or meet yesterday. I'll have to work on that for the next shoot.

That's why you and Spot will be shooting not RO'ing next time. ;)

There are plenty of people here to help out, you two need to let us!

3rdrcn and I will be more then willing to RO, Jodi too .

madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    Congratulation armedsks!

I wish I could have attended the Shoot. It looks like it was way too much fun. Unfortunately, the rescheduled NRA Range Safety Officer certification course was yesterday at AAF&G. Gotta do what ya gotta do.

I’ll definitely be at the next one, with RSO cert in hand, to help as well as enjoy the toys (mine and yours :party29: ).

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom