• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I just picked up a CZ 455 Varmint in 1.7HMR and I'm trying to decide what glass to put on it.

You're going to like that 455 Varmint in that chambering.

I wound up putting a 4x16 Bushnell Elite series on mine. For me anyway, this combo of rifle, cartridge and glass quite literally redefined what I had previously believed a rimfire to be capable of.

Good luck with yours!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I just picked up a CZ 455 Varmint in 1.7HMR and I'm trying to decide what glass to put on it.

Nice purchase. Now get on rimfirecentral in the CZ forum and you will find all kinds of info as to what glass and rings to use, along with many pics of peoples set ups.:thumbsup: It's a wealth of info.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I caught some flak for having an unfired CZ 452 .17HMR. I have finally gotten around to making progress in getting it ready to shoot. It is a Varmint model, which means it had no iron sights, so I've had to buy rings and find scope for it.

I got the rings from BKL Technologies and I yanked a Nightforce NXS F1 3.5-15x55 ZeroStop mil/mil from another rifle (upgraded the other rifle) and set the scope in place after lapping the rings. BKL rings are decent but I have always had to lap them as they are far from perfect for me to mount an expensive scope in. Lapping showed a lack of square in the bore on this set whereas lapping another set a few years ago showed a lack of circular; the last set of BKL rings were more of an oval. The rings are now lapped, the scope is set in place, leveled to the bore, and torqued down. It is ready to go to the desert or range and get fired and zero'd.

This post was just an update, I have yet to actually fire the rifle. Blue balls for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom