• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Mam, the price of these has dropped like crazy. Make me wonder if keltec has lowered the wholesale price or if dealers have adjuster their markup to normal levels.
    A year ago $1k was a good deal. Now I'm seeing them around s 750 regularly...

Supply and demand. Its like anything else in the gun world, when the politicians are frothing and the mall ninjas are running up their credit cards things are expensive. Keltec is very consistent in their production volume, they let the market take it from there.

That said, at current pricing its making a lot of sense. Im even thinking of getting a 2nd one.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I went to the lgs looking for a mossy and almost pulled the trigger on the ksg bc of the price...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Also, I get the supply and demand thing. But it's not like all the dealers are going to take a massive loss on them, especially when they are still getting new ones in. Tells me that the $1k+ prove tags of last year were super inflated. Somewhere around 700 is more near normal retail markup.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The primary reason I've held off on buying one is the apparently punishing recoil they put out, closely followed by not having a way to use both tubes automagically without flipping a switch.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I was looking at this and comparing it to the UTAS, and chose the KSG.

But now I am thinking of a 20 gauge SA to keep my calibers common...to avoid confusion under stress...

Though this thought changes occasionally...

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Mossberg 500, Remingto 870. Benelli M4 for self defense. All three are more reliable and that's what you need for self defense.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Yep, I saw it there too. They opened up distribution a few months ago.

There are now two distributors for the DP12. I saw one at Engage a couple weeks ago. Not as heavy a I thought, but not as ergonomic as the Keltec. Its a lot of shotgun, that's for sure. Some reviews indicate it jams if racked vertically.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I vote no. Mine jams like a jar of smuckers

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      127.6 KB · Views: 256

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    I picked one up recently but have not had a chance to get it to the range.

Attachments

• 20150913_111250-1.jpg
      20150913_111250-1.jpg
      39.4 KB · Views: 246

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    When you consider the fact that they were like hen's teeth and over $1k last year. Based on what Im seeing now, if I wait another year they might be close to $500 :lol2:
    Maybe then I'll bite :D

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I bought in at $800. I suspect these will hang around $750 to $850 purely because Keltec is balancing production by project. Right now they are running Sub2k G2's and CMRs like crazy.

That said I really like the carry feel and function of mine. I buy a 2nd.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The lowest price I've seen so far is $775. If they ever come down to 650ish I might bite.

Sirex