• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Just got back from the show. It was crazy by the time we left and hard to walk around. I took my friend who purchased his first ever gun a Sig 40cal from shooters discount in great shape with night sights and at a great price. I got beat out by a few seconds on a finn nagant and i was one of the first few in the door:sad20:. Almost pulled the trigger on a turkish mauser Lou had for sale but talked myself out of it for no good reason. I did pick up a spam can of mosin food and 54 en bloc clips for my garand. There were a few good deals to be had on shotguns and some pistols. Some places made me laugh one vendor had Mosin 91/30s for $200 another had a savage axis 223 listed for $375:lol2:

Bisondice

Ultimate Member
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hagerstown
    All .223/556 ammo is 1$ a round cheapest was shooters discount at .72 a round in 420rnd ammo cans (xm855 - 299$). It's packed inside with about an hour wait to purchase a gun. Everything else is expensive. Billions of knives if you're looking for that.

It's so hard to get ammo that 300$ can sounds pretty good to me right now.

I got a can of that 556 and a crate of Mosin ammo (my shoulder is gonna be mad at me):)

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Got there this morning at 8:00 and there was already almost 30 people in line. By the time I left at 10:00 it was incredibly crowded. Didn't buy a rifle but managed to walk out with some mini 14 magazines and some ammo though. I may go back tomorrow

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Got there this morning at 8:00 and there was already almost 30 people in line. By the time I left at 10:00 it was incredibly crowded. Didn't buy a rifle but managed to walk out with some mini 14 magazines and some ammo though. I may go back tomorrow

Me and my dad got there about the same time. We were maybe like 20th in line. I had the bright orange camp jacket

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.

I thought you were going to be there selling? I must have misunderstood a previous comment somewhere. Any nice Tula Mosins there???? Or even not so nice? I know you looked.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I thought you were going to be there selling? I must have misunderstood a previous comment somewhere. Any nice Tula Mosins there???? Or even not so nice? I know you looked.

I was walking around, I didn't have a booth or anything if thats what you mean. I can't remember if there were any Tulas there but I saw a couple Izhvesks at Lou's table if I remember correctly, but they're probably long gone by now. I had a Tula 91/30 sitting in my truck though that I was thinking about walking around and selling but I couldn't stay for very long today. My Tula is still for sale if anyones interested....:innocent0

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I was walking around, I didn't have a booth or anything if thats what you mean. I can't remember if there were any Tulas there but I saw a couple Izhvesks at Lou's table if I remember correctly, but they're probably long gone by now. I had a Tula 91/30 sitting in my truck though that I was thinking about walking around and selling but I couldn't stay for very long today. My Tula is still for sale if anyones interested....:innocent0

PM me with a price and info and pics if possible. I AM interested. Well, you know, depending on price. LOL

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    There were some cans but they looked like junk. Worst show I've been in awhile.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just got home. Nothing but the stamp on my hand. We got there about 1:30. Four people ahead of us to buy tickets. Crowded in the buildings, but not real bad. I saw some nice uppers in the $1500 range. A 1k case of 308 for 1k bucks. Passed by Shooter's Discount, but Lou was MIA. I talked to Mike from Thompson's Safe and he told me his distributors were saying that product was going to be in short supply. If you are looking for a safe, now might be the time. I missed any Rem 700s that might have been there, but I did see some Ruger 10/22s for $240 and up.

It was my wifes first gun show. She didn't see anything she wanted, but told me to buy anything I wanted while I could. I just couldn't find anything.

And then I had to go to Macy's with her. I watched her buy a Sharpie for her eyes for $45. It made me think firearms might not be all that expensive after all.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    There were some cans but they looked like junk. Worst show I've been in awhile.

Yeah, he was in the building to the east. Picked up 20 .50cal cans, 4 20mm cans and 4 of those whatever mm about 3 feet tall cans. Three trips with the dolly and I'm all canned out. :D

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    shit was crazy went to gunrunners after the show and saw a couple people from the show there.

aab23c

Dec 22, 2012
    PG County
    so just got back from the show. convinced the wife to make the trek with me. Nothing compelled me to purchase on the spot, but it was not a bad show, they still hand plenty of hand guns, some AR's, long rifle, shotguns, many accessories for all of the above. Ammo, but it was too expensive. Some good relic type stuff, that my wife found very interesting (still waiting on my C&R to come through), a couple of tables of airsoft, and plenty of knives. Other than that not too bad. We didnt get there until 1500, and the crowd had died down by them and things were calm. I heard one person complain to a friend that they wanted their money back for the show, but I really didnt see an issue what was left at the end of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom