Gun Sales Booming: Doomsday, Obama or Zombies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Ethanolic

Gun Packing Liberal
    Buyers in record numbers are flooding into gun stores, retailers say. Ammo, too, is flying off the shelves. The reasons for the spike, last seen in 2009, include fears that a second Obama administration might restrict gun ownership...

To read the rest go to

http://gma.yahoo.com/gun-sales-booming-doomsday-obama-zombies-193929184--abc-news-money.html

This same thing happened back in the 90s when Clinton was elected. Clinton never "came after our guns" and neither is Obama. There's many on the right that have a hyper sense of fear and tend to believe internet rumors when there's a (D) in the executive branch. The only people coming after our gun rights are those on the local level.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    This same thing happened back in the 90s when Clinton was elected. Clinton never "came after our guns" and neither is Obama. There's many on the right that have a hyper sense of fear and tend to believe internet rumors when there's a (D) in the executive branch. The only people coming after our gun rights are those on the local level.

Psst, remember the assault weapons ban circa 1994?

Clinton:
    Ruby Ridge?
    Waco?

Obama:
    Hutaree?
    Fast and Furious?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Liberals are a bigger threat to life and liberty than Zombies, Depression, Riots, Nuclear War, Terrorist Attacks, Biological Attack, or a Pandemic all rolled into one.

The gun buying boom is mostly to blame for Liberals. Next is people waking up realizing the Govt WILL NOT save your butt if the "S" does hit the fan.

Lastly all the Gun Shows on TV, and Video Games have increased peoples comfort and interest in Military Weaponry.

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    I have to agree with CPT. I think the majority of the fear is being whipped up by the companies selling guns and ammo and the materials used to make them. Fear = big bucks for them.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Gun sales are booming? But the Coalition to Ban Guns told me fewer Americans are buying guns now than ever before. Surely they wouldn't lie to further their agenda, would they?

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at
    large is that they be properly armed."
    - Alexander Hamilton

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone
    who is able might have a gun."
    - Patrick Henry

"Americans have the right and advantage of being
    armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose
    governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    - James Madison

"The Constitution shall never be construed... to
    prevent the people of the United States who are
    peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    - President Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Liberals are a bigger threat to life and liberty than Zombies, Depression, Riots, Nuclear War, Terrorist Attacks, Biological Attack, or a Pandemic all rolled into one.

The gun buying boom is mostly to blame for Liberals. Next is people waking up realizing the Govt WILL NOT save your butt if the "S" does hit the fan.

Lastly all the Gun Shows on TV, and Video Games have increased peoples comfort and interest in Military Weaponry.

Let the panic buying begin!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I have to agree with CPT. I think the majority of the fear is being whipped up by the companies selling guns and ammo and the materials used to make them. Fear = big bucks for them.

You have your head in the sand.

Show me one publication from a Gun Company/Manufacturer that has said anything of the sort.

Financial Instability, Anti Gun Leftists, Energy Increases, Terrorist Threats, and a Bad Economy casue booms on Gun Sales.

Gun Companies dont have to advertise when you have people like Obama at the controls.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Except for the assault weapons ban, not sure how you're equating the rest of those with gun rights.

Ruby Ridge was an ATF setup to get Weaver to be a puppet. Note, no charges stuck against Weaver, and his family was killed.

The evidence in the Waco incident is pure conjecture, just like what currently happened with the hutaree.

Bottom line: Clinton had an anti-2A agenda, and so does Obama (proven by Fast and Furious).

Swoop

Say hello to my little...
    Mar 25, 2012
    MD
    I think it mostly has to do with the economy and the fact people don’t feel safe in their own homes.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Well lets hope your right. We already have enough coming after our guns, we do not need any more.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi

Clinton never came after our guns? "Assault Weapons Ban?" If you dumped money into pre-ban guns and mags you had the ability to turn one hell of a profit. People forget this because the ban lapsed.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    I think I just want more... The election doesn't help though, I wish I would've stocked more ammo last year.

Don't forget the rising cost of the materials required to make ammunition. Inflation may be spurring some of this.

I also agree with whomever above mentioned people becoming more comfortable with the idea of military weaponry as a result of video-games and so many gun shows: (Sons of Guns, Top Guns, Top Shot, Top 10s, and about a million other shows on the History Channel, Discovery Channel, and the Military Channel.)

My .02;
    In the past couple months I personally know 5 people who bought their first handgun.These people already owned shotguns/rifles that either were handed down or were purchased yrs. ago for hunting.I also know of 4-5 that are looking to purchase their first firearm and are looking at handguns.

Everyone of them said they were/are going to be for self-defense due to the high rise in crime and they didn't even feel safe in the home anymore.If you take these people added to the ones that buy guns for hunting,target shooting, etc. I can see sales booming.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    My .02;
    In the past couple months I personally know 5 people who bought their first handgun.These people already owned shotguns/rifles that either were handed down or were purchased yrs. ago for hunting.I also know of 4-5 that are looking to purchase their first firearm and are looking at handguns.

Everyone of them said they were/are going to be for self-defense due to the high rise in crime and they didn't even feel safe in the home anymore.If you take these people added to the ones that buy guns for hunting,target shooting, etc. I can see sales booming.

The past 5 months I've bought a new trap-gun and a new Glock. I bought the trap gun because I've formed a pretty good sized shotgun club at work and I needed a gun for new guys. I got the Glock in celebration of Woollard.

I've gotten new people to buy guns. One shotgun for self defense and trap, three shotguns for trap, and another Glock "just because it's nice to have."

I guess that could be part of the surge, lol.

But seriously, I know I'm an isolated instance, but there seems to be a growing interest in both sporting firearms and self-defense. I really wonder what the TV effect is.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Been waiting 12 weeks for an upper from Rock River. I ordered in Jan to avoid the election year rush, and I was too late.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Fear is a major factor in the increase in gun sales. Fears of Obama partII, fears of the economy, fears of increase in crimes, fears of a zombies. Fears do not have to be rational to be fears. Cool guns such as the Ruger 10/22 takedown help as well.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    The past 5 months I've bought a new trap-gun and a new Glock. I bought the trap gun because I've formed a pretty good sized shotgun club at work and I needed a gun for new guys. I got the Glock in celebration of Woollard.

I've gotten new people to buy guns. One shotgun for self defense and trap, three shotguns for trap, and another Glock "just because it's nice to have."

I guess that could be part of the surge, lol.

But seriously, I know I'm an isolated instance, but there seems to be a growing interest in both sporting firearms and self-defense. I really wonder what the TV effect is.

I think the new shows like Top Shot that show different gun in a competitive shooting light helps the gun world as a whole. The more often you see shows like this more and more people become more comfortable with the idea of guns in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom