• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mybreathyourlung

Aug 16, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I have yet to go to Green Ridge. For shooting at 100 yards, do I need to bring my own target stand? Bring my own targets? Staple gun? Trash bag for brass?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I have yet to go to Green Ridge. For shooting at 100 yards, do I need to bring my own target stand? Bring my own targets? Staple gun? Trash bag for brass?

They have target backers, the ones at 100 yards are generally the least f'd up. Bring a staple gun. One a little better than most is probably good because the backers at 100 yards are plywood and at other ranges are this tire-belt type material. They have trash cans. Don't throw away brass! Even if you don't reload.

MCTRV

Mar 2, 2011
    Shot here last spring 10' with my Taurus 357 Magnum & had a great time with 2 buds. We camp at Green Ridge every year , since 89' with about 30-40 friends - sorry wife/girlfriend - this is the boys only trip !!!!

Af_catfish

Abandon All Hope
    Sep 6, 2011
    Bremen, Ohio
    My daughter (10yrs old) and I camped up there last year. Twice in the night we were woken up by multiple rounds of gunfire. She was not happy.

creepy. what do you think it was?

Probably just someone camping and decided that it would be fun to fire off a few rounds. Alcohol may have been involved. Sometimes I hear gunshots at night here in North Beach. It doesn't really concern me because of the countryside around town. If I lived in Baltimore I would think a crime was being committed. But down here in the boonies it's different.

I've been camping there a few times. I love it. Although I do worry about how easy it would be to get robbed or worse up there. I think loaded means mag in. So I wonder if I would be okay with a firearm in my tent and a magazine close at hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom