• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juan_galto

This is my user title
    Oct 23, 2011
    If I bought an M1A now but needed to buy components after October, which will be the regulated piece? I'm guessing the receiver?

Thanks in advance!

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    The shoulder thing that goes up, scares the hell out of the gun grabbers
    You mean this thing.
    barrel-shroud.jpg

akkiller

live free or die
    Jan 10, 2011
    walkersville
    this is the one i just got on 4/22 I filled out my paper work on 2/15 and I dont even have a flip up thing on my stock

Attachments

• 20130422_190204.jpg
      20130422_190204.jpg
      55.4 KB · Views: 349

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Definitively low on the evil chain.

You need to add a flashlight, bi-pod, ARMS #18 mount, Night Force 5-25x 35mm scope, bayonet, and a flash suppressing can at least 15" long.

Additionally, if you're budget allows some carbon fiber radar absorbing material and some 5.11 stickers. :thumbsup:

Feb 28, 2013
    If I bought an M1A now but needed to buy components after October, which will be the regulated piece? I'm guessing the receiver?

Thanks in advance!

Not trying to beat ya up here, but just out of curiosity what are your plans for this M1A? Are you trying to build one?

That's fine if you want to do that, but I've just never heard of anyone doing that. Hopefully you can find all the parts you need.

BTW, in answer to your question, I would say the receiver.

3/2ACR Vet

Jul 6, 2012
    Baltimore City

Thanks in advance!

I've yet to see anything in the new laws that prohibit buying parts for firearms, if you are talking about repair parts, or match grade parts or things like that.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Not trying to beat ya up here, but just out of curiosity what are your plans for this M1A? Are you trying to build one?

That's fine if you want to do that, but I've just never heard of anyone doing that. Hopefully you can find all the parts you need.

BTW, in answer to your question, I would say the receiver.

Not too much different than building a Garand or BM-59. The biggest challenge of course is barreling the receiver and setting the head space on the bolt.

juan_galto

This is my user title
    Oct 23, 2011
    Thanks to all who replied in a helpful manner. My question was primarily about the lifecycle of a new M1A. I know a receiver should easily outlive me. But I also know that if the barrel bore the firearm serial, the rifle itself would've only been good (in Maryland) for around 6,000 to 10,000 rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom