• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Copenhaver

Feb 19, 2011
    St.Marys
    Went up to Accurate today, a nice little shop they have going in there. Add another vote up for them!

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    Went up to Accurate today, a nice little shop they have going in there. Add another vote up for them!

<off topic>
    You wouldn't happen to be related to Charlie, would you?
    </off topic>

I wouldn't buy anything from TB unless you're willing to pay upwards of $100 markup.

Accurate is your best bet for SOMD. You can get things a little cheaper up the road, but then you have to factor in what you're time is worth plus gas etc.

One thing for certain - Accurate has great customer service. Mark felt bad once that I had to drive up to sign one last sheet of paperwork and gave me a box of ammo for my troubles.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I've had good luck with Fred's in Waldorf, but some of my friends have not. If anything, it's another place to stop to take a look.

Can't say as I'll go to Fred's until they get rid of the ammo logbooks. And I still might not go.

Edit: Matter of fact, if I'm driving to Waldorf to get firearms, I'll go to Keep Shooting.

maesy

Mar 11, 2011
    Commonwealth of VA
    idk who're asking I'm related to a ton of Charlies...My name is Charlotte. I was named after a Charlie.

I work all week and the weekend so I am hoping to go up next week sometime

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    Another + for Accurate. Just recently bought a new handgun from them and it was great. Not only are they very helpful and easy to talk to, but they are usually priced $50+ below TB. Tackle Box is pretty friendly and most know their stuff but like said, you do pay a little more there. Ammo....well I just go to Walmart for practice ammo for my modern guns.

Old Gaffer

Jun 26, 2006
    I've bought guns at Fred's in Waldorf, and I do NOT sign the ammo log when I buy ammo there. I've also bought guns at WalMart in La PLata, Bass Pro in Hanover (Arundel Mills Mall) and ammo just about everywhere that sells it.

I haven't been to Tackle Box, Keep Shooting, or Accurate, but they're on the list of places to visit...soon :)

Best idea presented yet is to go to a range and try out a bunch of pistols BEFORE you buy. I highly recommend "On Target" in Severn, MD. One of the instructors is a lady friend of DW and mine who, if she's not busy teaching a class, might be available to give you some quality female-centric advice.

All the best,
    Rob

Copenhaver

Feb 19, 2011
    St.Marys
    <off topic>
    You wouldn't happen to be related to Charlie, would you?
    </off topic>

Kinda sorta, but in a short answer No.

In the long answer my grandma swears up and down that we are related. Because two brothers came over here from the mainland. Blah blah blah, in the end I haven't found anything on it. So I always just answer with a maybe.

robdiao

Oct 7, 2010
    Charles County
    I've bought guns at Fred's in Waldorf, and I do NOT sign the ammo log when I buy ammo there. I've also bought guns at WalMart in La PLata, Bass Pro in Hanover (Arundel Mills Mall) and ammo just about everywhere that sells it.

I needed some .32 the other day and keepshooting and dicks didnt have it so I went to Fred's and they did the stupid ammo-log thing. I went along with it, but as I drove off was pissed at myself for going along with it.

Will they still sell it to you if you refuse to go along with it?

Old Gaffer

Jun 26, 2006
    I needed some .32 the other day and keepshooting and dicks didnt have it so I went to Fred's and they did the stupid ammo-log thing. I went along with it, but as I drove off was pissed at myself for going along with it.

Will they still sell it to you if you refuse to go along with it?

I buy there, and NEVER sign the ammo log book. Maybe the fact that I almost walked without buying the gun I'd started paperwork on had something to do with it, but maybe just saying "hell no" was enough.

Copenhaver

Feb 19, 2011
    St.Marys
    Went into Tacklebox to get some stuff for a blackpowder revolver, I didn't know my stuff on it. One guy knew about blackpowder, recommended the right stuff. I had to google what size percussion cap it used on my droid in the store. Between my droid and the employees, we worked it out. However when I looked at an HBAR ar15, I was told I had to be 21 to see it. So I informed him on it being non-regulated, and I looked at the Hi Point carbines and went on my way. Its hit or miss when I go there, but its only like 3 miles from my house so its easiest.

chad2

Mar 26, 2011
    do not go to the tackle box unless all you want to here are opinions! also they sell the ruger sr9 for 519$ when online you can buy it for 389$ free shipping. so there answer to that was that it would not come with the shot shell casing what they obviously dont know is that all rugers come with the casing. so i explained this to them and there answer to that was well we dont ffl anything that they already sell and that there ffl price is 70$ i started laughing and they instantly got mad and i explained to them that i have an ffl that does transfers for 25$ and will ffl anything. i also told them that my ffl charges 10$ for the police paper work and the tackle box charges 20$. at this point the two that were helping me walked away and i laughed again because there was like four other people that watched this wanting to look at guns and two of them walked out behind me with out looking at anything. freds is great there prices are about the same as tackle box but when i brought all this information to them they dropped the price of my cougar 8000, 80$.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    do not go to the tackle box unless all you want to here are opinions! also they sell the ruger sr9 for 519$ when online you can buy it for 389$ free shipping. so there answer to that was that it would not come with the shot shell casing what they obviously dont know is that all rugers come with the casing. so i explained this to them and there answer to that was well we dont ffl anything that they already sell and that there ffl price is 70$ i started laughing and they instantly got mad and i explained to them that i have an ffl that does transfers for 25$ and will ffl anything. i also told them that my ffl charges 10$ for the police paper work and the tackle box charges 20$. at this point the two that were helping me walked away and i laughed again because there was like four other people that watched this wanting to look at guns and two of them walked out behind me with out looking at anything. freds is great there prices are about the same as tackle box but when i brought all this information to them they dropped the price of my cougar 8000, 80$.
    They can have a fired casing done at an FFL holder who has a maufacture FFL.
    They have done it before for other customers. :sad20:

chad2

Mar 26, 2011
    They can have a fired casing done at an FFL holder who has a maufacture FFL.
    They have done it before for other customers. :sad20:

that still does not explain buying a ruger sr9 for 539$ + tax compared to 424+ tax out the door. that is 115$ more then what i can get it for and they did not even try to sell the gun to me buy lowering the price maybe even a little. how do they stay in buisness? they dont advertise so they rely on word of mouth and you would think that they would chage something if they were lossing customers but no the owners he is a m@r@n.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And accuratebis just down the road from the Amish Tack shop, and the Amish Feed Mill , so you can multitask on same trip.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    that still does not explain buying a ruger sr9 for 539$ + tax compared to 424+ tax out the door. that is 115$ more then what i can get it for and they did not even try to sell the gun to me buy lowering the price maybe even a little. how do they stay in buisness? they dont advertise so they rely on word of mouth and you would think that they would chage something if they were lossing customers but no the owners he is a m@r@n.
    Never said I was justifying what they do or charge. Their excuse to raise a price even further has no merit. I think this thread will tell you or recommend to buy elsewhere. Like I do. :D

rscia50

Jan 31, 2010
    North Myrtle South Carolina
    Fred's has my vote. Wait about a week and Fred's will be putting out a special deal for md shooters members. I've been working with Joe to figure out how we are going to do it. Also, I'm going to be the first to start the rumour that Fred's will be opening an indoor firing range inside their store.....I've seen the blue prints and it looks really cool!

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    Fred's has my vote. Wait about a week and Fred's will be putting out a special deal for md shooters members. I've been working with Joe to figure out how we are going to do it. Also, I'm going to be the first to start the rumour that Fred's will be opening an indoor firing range inside their store.....I've seen the blue prints and it looks really cool!

I'll believe it when I see it....the staff at Fred's has never treated me me with much respect and their prices are higher than they should be...but if you live in the Waldorf area they know that they are pretty much the only game in town.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Poor selection and treatment in Fred's and I refuse to patronize that storw or any other that uses a log book. Even TB doesn't do that. I go to TB to get ammo occasionally and to ********. Been to Accurate a few times and never quite felt welcome... TB owner is a moron of epic proportions so Im not defending him. D's owner was a colossal tool as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom