• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I don't get what the point of a .5 x 28 to a .5 x28 does.
    It fixes the problem you're having, for one thing. I also use one so that I'm not constantly messing with the barrel threads on my 22lr AR-15.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    It fixes the problem you're having, for one thing. I also use one so that I'm not constantly messing with the barrel threads on my 22lr AR-15.

I had been told that the adapter won't solve my problem because my rifle threads are over .4" which didn't make sense. If you have .4" threads, why buy the adapter when you don't need it. Maybe he was confusing the male and female thread lengths. Can you use this adapter on AR length threads?

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Well, McMaster got those spacers out to me in a hurry.

Worked out just fine and I have a reasonable 0.39" worth of thread engagement.

Here are a couple pics if you are interested.
    6ed9c83c3b85741201783bb1ca591a2c.jpg

47bfa50d10055acba2cb329bb5a9a50b.jpg

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I had been told that the adapter won't solve my problem because my rifle threads are over .4" which didn't make sense. If you have .4" threads, why buy the adapter when you don't need it. Maybe he was confusing the male and female thread lengths. Can you use this adapter on AR length threads?

You use the adapter BECAUSE the threads are over .400". This adapter is specifically made for AR length threads, but as you're rocking 1/2x28 TPI threads it'll work fine for you as well. It'll just look doofy as all hell.

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    You use the adapter BECAUSE the threads are over .400". This adapter is specifically made for AR length threads, but as you're rocking 1/2x28 TPI threads it'll work fine for you as well. It'll just look doofy as all hell.

A more bulletproof solution is having a gun smith touch up the threads or chop and re-thread. Service should be around $75 for something correct. Mine also came incorrect. I ended up sending it to Tornado Technologies to be cut and thread. A premium, but service was very prompt.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Finally got mine. Came with a brake/comp installed so I have not measured the thread length. No rush since I don't have a 22 suppressor in jail yet.

1007151501_zpsx3pshocs.jpg

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Finally got mine. Came with a brake/comp installed so I have not measured the thread length. No rush since I don't have a 22 suppressor in jail yet.

1007151501_zpsx3pshocs.jpg

Nice but the brake/comp may be a little unnecessary. Guess I shouldn't talk since I have a brake on one of my 10/22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom