• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    I'm wondering if I can supress my remington 700 7mm magnum with a saker 762 or am I going to need a bigger can. I understand the round is supersonic. Just want something to take the edge off while hunting.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    That's what I'm thinking. It pushes 3000fps. Sort of like 55gr 556 but with a heavier bullet. People supress that so I don't know.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    It makes it quieter for the shooter and reduces the blast, of course you still have the crack. It's a solid idea if you're not trying to move with the gun and shoot since it gets rather long.

Check the maker's site, they should have the specs on what your can is rated to handle. If not, contact them directly to be sure. Some rounds also will have a barrel length limit (not too short).

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    The saker 7.62 is rated up to 300RUM. It should hold up fine on a 7mm Mag unless you are doing a super short barrel. It will quiet it down a lot. You will never get it silent but the goal is to keep your hearing. Whenever I rifle hunt it is with a silencer. It's like wearing earplugs on the end of your barrel.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I can't imagine what suppression you would attain. I doubt there will much attenuation of sound. I wish you luck if you decide to try.

Good Luck!

fnfalsar48

Feb 27, 2011
    Virginia
    You should look at a Harvester or big bore Harvester. To hunt with it will also act a a brake. They do work very well, I have had other animals in the heard run toward me after killing one of their friends.

Ranb

Aug 4, 2015
    Wouldn't suppressing a magnum round be like paddling upstream?
    No. A 30 decibel reduction is a 30 decibel reduction. The silencer will work no matter what it's on as it is only intended to suppress muzzle blast.

I can't imagine what suppression you would attain. I doubt there will much attenuation of sound. I wish you luck if you decide to try.

I suppressed my 338 ultra mag. 93 grain powder charge and 3000 fps. It suppresses very well.

Ranb

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    It's a smaller caliber projectile but can shoot normal 30 caliber weight loads. I was more concerned about the pressure running through it. I believe the saker 762 is rated full auto and up to 300 win mag. I would rather not damage it by trying it without knowing if the pressure would blow the baffles apart. It's a standard length bolt action 700. I think 24" . I'm not looking for Hollywood quiet and I know there will be the supersonic crack. Just want to know if that supressor will work and not cause failure or what would be a better option for more sound supression. I know about the harvester and the big bores from Silencer Co. I just don't think 7mm is classified as a big bore considering the projectile is less than 30 caliber. Im in unfamiliar territory with this rifle and supressor combos that would work.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    OP-
    Your intended combination is just fine. I have mounted my YHM phantom qd can on my .300 RUM, my boss's 300WinMag, and many other weaker rounds. I plan to use the same can on .264Win Mag as well (a 6.5mm bullet, but otherwise almost equivalent to your 7mag. The Saker is a good can but, in your case, I would recommend looking at the Harvester if SiCo is your brand. I went YHM and have no regrets but to each his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom