AR15 collapsible stock- shortest one available?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I have a little 10.5" Commando and I'm looking for the shortest collapsible stock available. This rifle is a truck gun most of the time and I want it as short as possible for packaging, while still having an extendable stock that can provide a proper cheek weld for firing.

I currently have a NEA stock on there but it has decided to shit the bed on me too many times and I no longer trust it with my life, so it will be coming off and replaced with something else. I need a strong, high quality stock that will not in any circumstance collapse or fall apart while shooting.

Who has the latest gee-whiz compact stock?

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    While the Troy looks amazing, it shares some key design elements of the NEA. In my opinion, it looks like a copy of the NEA stock. A flaw I found in the NEA was that the locking key had very little surface contact area with the grooves in the extension rods. The Troy PDW looks like it will have the exact same problem as my NEA. As such, I can't trust it.

The LWRCI looks like a very likely candidate, especially as it's using the tried and true M4 style locking pin, which I have never had any issues with.

Are there any other suggestions? Seems most folks are looking for storage, or easy deployment, and short-ness is not a big desire.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Here's something I stumbled across, how about going with a folder?? Does anyone have any experience with these folding hinges from Law Tactical? http://www.lawtactical.com/ar_folding_stock_adapter_gen_3_p/2014003.htm

GEN3-one_sheet.jpg

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Not the shortest, but definately one of them. A Colt N1. They don't make them anymore but I see them on Gunbeoker and ebay all the time. The old Bushmaster aluminum us nice too.

Attachments

• m16a2postb.jpg
      m16a2postb.jpg
      12 KB · Views: 2,950

Boar13A

Nov 19, 2014
    I've been curious of the folding stock options and I do like the idea of it. The only draw back is that you will not be able to fire them in the folded smaller config. So IMO makes having a shoot ready short truck gun no as ready with the folded option.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I've been curious of the folding stock options and I do like the idea of it. The only draw back is that you will not be able to fire them in the folded smaller config. So IMO makes having a shoot ready short truck gun no as ready with the folded option.

I read the reviews on the Law folder. Supposedly you get one shot before you have to extend it. More for compact transport than anyrhing else.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The LAW Folders were problematic, but I haven't messed with the Gen 3, which has made the extension tooless and they lowered the hinge to allow easier charging. The Gen 3 looks nice.

I prefer the LWRC Stock but if your gun is over gassed you will have more problems as the buffer is about 25% lighter. Heavybuffers makes heavier buffers for the UCIW. They also use CS flat wire springs which are great and don't over compress. I prefer to use click adjustable gas with the NEA, Troy, or even the UCIW stocks.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Too many added parts with the Law Tactical setup, and probably not worth the price tag just for a folding mechanism.

I would say the LWRCi Ultra compact stock or the MVB ARC Stock which is a big improvement over the NEA/Troy versions.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Not the shortest, but definately one of them. A Colt N1. They don't make them anymore but I see them on Gunbeoker and ebay all the time. The old Bushmaster aluminum us nice too.

I have one on my ultralight AR15. I've had it for probably 20 years. It's just a mini-me type stock. Probably about two thirds the size of a regular one. Many a small woman and children have fired their first AR15 using this firearm. I forget how much it weighs, or the length, but trust me, it's a tiny AR15.

I'll have to get it out of the safe and take a few pictures.
    Jim Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom