• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    On the MD CCW Application Form, Question 24, it asks to "...give full details of prior denial, suspension, revocation, or termination of your handgun permit, license, certification, or registration in Maryland or any other state or jurisdiction."

I've had NONE of these, but are we still supposed to list in this section all of the CCW licenses we currently hold in other states - like VA, UT, and FL?
    Please advise and thanks!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    On the MD CCW Application Form, Question 24, it asks to "...give full details of prior denial, suspension, revocation, or termination of your handgun permit, license, certification, or registration in Maryland or any other state or jurisdiction."

I've had NONE of these, but are we still supposed to list in this section all of the CCW licenses we currently hold in other states - like VA, UT, and FL?

Doesn't say issuance. So IMO don't list your other permits. They didn't ask for that info, so don't offer it.

My .02

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Doesn't say issuance. So IMO don't list your other permits. They didn't ask for that info, so don't offer it.

My .02

I'm helping my wife with her MD application. On mine, the one already submitted and in the que, I was asked to bring copies of all my other existing CCW's (like FL, UT, etc.) to the interview. They were then attached to the application. So, then, I assumed I'd do the same for my wife's, rather than being asked for them.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Attaching them after being asked isn't the same as listing them on the app IMO. If they ask, submit copies for sure. I just stick to the "if it isn't specifically requested don't submit it" philosophy.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Attaching them after being asked isn't the same as listing them on the app IMO. If they ask, submit copies for sure. I just stick to the "if it isn't specifically requested don't submit it" philosophy.

I understand your opinion on the matter. Actually, it's the best policy to pursue. One final thought: Sometimes a little extra data can tip things in one's favor, however, the opposite is true as well.
    Appreciate your replies.

NOTE: I think that I had to submit a copy of my drivers license too, if I remember correctly.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA

My .02

Exactly. Because of the wording of the bold you definitely don't want to list the ones you do have in space 24...it will look like those were revoke, denied, etc.

Assault Rifle Collector

Active Collector
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lusby, MD
    Just Curious

Im new to MD. I move from VA where I had a CCW. I just recently go back into my gun collecting after taking some time off to do other expensive hobbies. Anyway what all does one need to do in order to obtain a Maryland CCW. I am X-military, and I do have my instructor courses and other documented paperwork if that helps.

One other thing. I believe I made a mistake in trading my M10/45. Seeing how they are banned in MD. Is there any MD leagal varient of it?

Thanks.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Im new to MD. I move from VA where I had a CCW. I just recently go back into my gun collecting after taking some time off to do other expensive hobbies. Anyway what all does one need to do in order to obtain a Maryland CCW. I am X-military, and I do have my instructor courses and other documented paperwork if that helps.

One other thing. I believe I made a mistake in trading my M10/45. Seeing how they are banned in MD. Is there any MD leagal varient of it?

Thanks.

You need a copy of your DD-214.

As for the M10/45, you can go NFA to SBR or AOW one.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

I would only answer the question being asked in any of the section. However the fact that you have other permits in good standing shows a good track record on your behalf. So if it were me, I would add any info like this in a letter of other info you want them to know explaining how you do have these other permits as well as your opinion on how you feel the fact that you have them without any problems shows examples how you can carry responsibly.

The fact that you have the other permits is a good thing not a bad thing and I would let them know about them.

z1colt45

Jul 1, 2009
    AA CO.
    I plan on applying aug 7 if all goes well. so glad the ridiculous requirements were struck down and i wish the states attorneys would stop wasting time and my tax money by fighting it. has the question been raised as to if the state police have a plan to deal with the flood of applications that's going to come? i really don't feel like searching 38 pages to find out. also, for reference, whats the normal amount of time from submitting the application to being able to carry barring any problems?

edit: disregard, been reading all night

Last edited:

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    There goes my $150 up in smoke..sent mine in yesterday...

Don't lose hope. There's time to file the respond (and MD gets to do another?) and then the court has to decide. If nothing else there may be some time when a stay is not in effect. And the state might not even win a stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom