• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Got word that Mr. Clutter denied my Form 4s, filed in June via a Trust. Reason for denial was "State Law".

Here's the kicker: the SBRs were PO'd pre-Oct 1, 2013.
    That is, I ordered the very SBRs themselves (not just some lower that I tried to have SBRd) before that date. The POs were included with the applications.

All the items are on the Handgun Roster.

Bbl lengths were all 10.5" with OAL over 29".

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    That sucks and I don't see how they can deny them as SBR's are still being sold by MD LGS's. I'd give him a call and see what the real problem is. This guy seems to totally out of line with his denials.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    BATFE is horrible at training new examiners. When Shawn Cook was promoted, it looks like we started over as far as the examiner knowing what had transpired between MSP and BATFE before that as far as what MSP would allow. (ie OAL 29" or greater.)

Government efficiency at it's best.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    BATFE is horrible at training new examiners. When Shawn Cook was promoted, it looks like we started over as far as the examiner knowing what had transpired between MSP and BATFE before that as far as what MSP would allow. (ie OAL 29" or greater.

Government efficiency at it's best.

Of concern was the fact that these denials were actually signed by Ted Clutter.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I received a "disapproved" form 1 on 12/23, signed by Ted Clutter. Clearly a mistake.

Apparently Mr. Cook and Mr. Clutter didn't have enough of an information exchange to ascertain the information Mr. Cook got from MSP.when Clutter took over. This is so unprofessional IMO.

Govt. bureaucracy and inefficiency at it's best.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Apparently Mr. Cook and Mr. Clutter didn't have enough of an information exchange to ascertain the information Mr. Cook got from MSP.when Clutter took over. This is so unprofessional IMO.

Govt. bureaucracy and inefficiency at it's best.

I have an Attorney contacting them on my behalf on Monday.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I received a "disapproved" form 1 on 12/23, signed by Ted Clutter. Clearly a mistake.

That's also the issue. It was not a "mistake" in that he meant to check approved but accidentally checked disapproved. They made a decision, based on their reading of the laws, that they should be disapproved. They may have backtracked for now, but it's concerning that it can change day to day.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Date of application was June 13.
    Date of denial was December 14.
    6 months, almost to the day.

Yeah, this sux and is a PITA. I'll update folks on this as I progress.

I'm pretty slammed at work right now so I'm not sure I'll be able to turn to this until after the New Year (as others have pointed out, these gov guys are probably on leave until then anyway).

Thanks all!

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Good ol' Mr. Clutter, that man does NOT like dealing with MD apps from all the crap he got last time and is now quite rude to people. Since this was a paper submission perhaps this got time delayed a bit from the initial bulk disapprovals (hopefully) and we might start seeing some changes come the new year when everyone gets back to work.

We'll keep knocking, they can only ignore us for so long, especially since we know we're all in the right. I'm personally not giving up until this is resolved.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Date of application was June 13.
    Date of denial was December 14.
    6 months, almost to the day.

Yeah, this sux and is a PITA. I'll update folks on this as I progress.

I'm pretty slammed at work right now so I'm not sure I'll be able to turn to this until after the New Year (as others have pointed out, these gov guys are probably on leave until then anyway).

Thanks all!

Yup that was a similar date of my eForm denial a few weeks ago. Snail mail lag hopefully.

My Ruger 10/22 denial was on 12/12.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I thought I read a thread that said the MD related stuff was going to one examiner because of all the Bravo Sierra associated with the MD law. That would only make it worse if numerous examiners are doing this, unless it's approved because they don't know better. :sad20:

Maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom