• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Ehhh...I'd be a little nervous. Here's an AR (556) which broke a fortis rail:

2vBVaNal.jpg

Thread: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?135012-I-blew-up-my-rail

Have you thought about putting a Noveske Pig on there instead? Honestly, on a 9mm, that may be more useful anyways....

I would never do that with a 5.56. I just thought with a 9mm, I wouldn't have many issues. I don't want to pay for a noveske pig, as this is temporary until my suppressor is approved.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Well sh*t. I was hoping for a different answer. Do they make a short extension that will allow me to extend the barrel a bit and use the brake? Thanks Chad.

Does anyone make a linear comp in 9mm? I can't find one. The KAK flash can linked here is as close as I can find. Anyone have an opinion on the fact that it is aluminum? Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Always happy to help my friend. We will get this working.

If DDLES does not reply we can figure out something.

Chad,

Just wanted to update you. I got it working and took it out today for the first time. Shot like a champ. Not a single issue. I ran 100 rounds of 115gr Freedom Munitions reloads, and 100 rounds of Walmart Federal 115gr. I was using 1 32 round Colt mag and 1 20 round Metalform. They both functioned properly (The Colt mags were harder to load than the Metalforms). No issues with the bolt locking back either. One thing I noticed is the amount of blowback to the face :D. Other than that, I'm quite pleased with it. Now to get my Form4 back so I can run this thing the way it was meant to run. Thanks again for your help on this.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Excellent news my friend. :)

I too hate loading those mags. LULA makes a 9mm SMG loader for our mags and its awesome. Consider getting one.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Get an Uzi loader and notch it to fit the Colt mags. You can zip in five rounds at a time pushing them down with a hardwood dowel.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Does anyone make a linear comp in 9mm? I can't find one. The KAK flash can linked here is as close as I can find. Anyone have an opinion on the fact that it is aluminum? Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

I have a KAK flash can on my 5" 9mm build. 2000 rounds of Freedom Munitions ammo through it so far and the aluminum is in perfect condition still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom