• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Sweeeeet! Nice job man. I had to do something similar with a faux suppressor on my MP5 clone. Except that was a three-lug mount and pinned/welded. I never realized until then, that these damn faux suppressors are not tubes at all, just giant chunks of rounded metal... bastards!

1. Where did you order your Mod 71? Southern Ohio Gun?

2. Where did you purchase the thread adapter? TROS?

3. How's the fit/finish of the pistol, and are you happy with it overall?

I'm think'n about getting one :D

1. 2A Sales & Supplies
    2. 2A Sales & Supplies (Silencerco 1/2x20 to 1/2x28 adapter)
    3. I had my hands on both 71's, including this one, we had in the shop and fit and finish was excellent. Very nice pistols.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Sweeeeet! Nice job man. I had to do something similar with a faux suppressor on my MP5 clone. Except that was a three-lug mount and pinned/welded. I never realized until then, that these damn faux suppressors are not tubes at all, just giant chunks of rounded metal... bastards!

1. Where did you order your Mod 71? Southern Ohio Gun?

2. Where did you purchase the thread adapter? TROS?

3. How's the fit/finish of the pistol, and are you happy with it overall?

I'm think'n about getting one :D

2-A Sales had two of them in stock. Both sold prior to seeing a shelf. I hear that more are possibly on the way. Give them a call. they also had the adapter. It is a silenserco adapter. Tactical solutions also makes one. the Silencerco is stainless and is made for use with the Sparrow. As for the gun. the frame is well used but the fit is surprising. It feels tight yet the action is smooth. the gun has a lot of character. the slide and barrel are in great shape ( not much ware)! I am very happy with the overall condition. I plan on shooting this one often. I may consider buying another one. Im a fan!

Alderleet

Always, Sometimes.
    Sep 25, 2013
    AA
    Ha, mine had the exact same issue.

I ended up cutting a channel down to the threaded portion, cutting a relief groove on the opposing side of the can, and then getting close to the threads without touching.

After about a hour and change of finagleing, i finally jammed a wedge in there, and hammered away. It pried apart, and voila.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom