• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coldvayne13

Jun 4, 2013
    This is from the Silencerco Web site.

http://www.silencerco.com/history/

This all makes sense to an extent but just like the times we're in now, do the lawless care about the laws? I'm not arguing that was the point. I guess I'm just saying I'm sure it didn't really stop anything back then either. People who mean to do harm and don't care about the laws will always find/make a way to do just that. The funny, but good thing, is the fact that it was always a $200 tax, from what I've read. That makes me think 2 things, first, that was a lot of money back then but isn't completely hateful now. Secondly, makes it kind of seem, in a way, a sort of bribe from the people who meant to do harm, like as long as the government got their money, they were fine with it. Just my views on it, I definitely feel like it should come off of the NFA list though...maybe when all 50 states are legal, we'd have a chance at seeing that.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    +1 on this. Why they are so heavily regulated I have no clue. They should be actually encouraged as a great way to cut back on noise pollution.

I really wonder, how many homicides are committed in this country with suppressed weapons.

I believe the key reason suppressors are still an NFA item is simply money. At $200 a stamp that is a lot of dough. Especially with the number of cans being purchased going up I doubt Uncle Sam will give up that revenue any time soon.

Just my .02 cents.

Dave

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The original reason given was criminal activity. Now essentially non existent.

In 1934 200 bucks was more money than most people could afford.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I don't understand why the NFA doesn't just add the tax at point of sale. What possible reason is there for waiting months like we do now so the BATF can do a background check, so the gun shop can do another background check before releasing the suppressor to us. Better yet bill the manufactures directly and just include the cost in the suppressor.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I don't understand why the NFA....

What have a Government Agency designed to deprive Citizen's of their God given rights work in an efficient and cost effective manner. Really man, you have a lot to learn about the way the world works...

Seriously in the computer age, this would take a private organization about 5 mins or less to complete the same task. I bet they would stretch it out more if they did not think it would cause lawsuits.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    My understanding is that they were commonly used by poachers and that's why they were made NFA.

Once again, criminals will get whatever they want regardless of the laws.......
    NFA shouldn't exist at all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    if you have the means to shoot from a helicopter while poaching, you have the means of manufacturing a silencer...

Who needs a silencer?

original.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom