• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    just watched the video as well, they confirmed this. My bad.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Too expensive, really. I can buy a Timberwolf frame for $235 with everything in it. Yeah, that involves a transfer, but it's not like Glock parts kits are a dime a dozen.
    Of course, this is not about cost. It's about having a pistol that the soft fascists don't know about.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I'm a bit disappointed. I thought they ere going to making a 1911 frame. I would have been more interested in that.

On another note, I thought they already had an ATF determination letter on it.

MarylandWillWin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    Seems pretty awesome to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the job of the lower is to keep the slide from hitting you in the face, and most of the explosion is contained in the barrel and breech yes? Not that this is an argument for under engineered pistols, but that this frame would be mixed with proven components in critical areas, yes?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Of course, this is not about cost. It's about having a pistol that the soft fascists don't know about.
    Until they seize all of the sales and shipping records from these guys... in which case, they do. I am skeptical that, short of an anonymous cash-only face to face transaction, that you can really hide this from the federal government.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    Seems pretty awesome to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the job of the lower is to keep the slide from hitting you in the face, and most of the explosion is contained in the barrel and breech yes? Not that this is an argument for under engineered pistols, but that this frame would be mixed with proven components in critical areas, yes?
    In general you are correct. In the case of the Glock, the locking block pulls the bbl down and out of battery (unlocking), and stops it's rearward progression so action can open. For the Glock, the locking block endures most of the strain that would normally be transferred to the frame. This is why the bbl, slide, and locking block make up the bulk of the steel components.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    It's frustrating going to gun shows and seeing all those 80% AR15 lowers and table after table full of AR15 parts yet nobody ever has 80% pistol lowers.
    I guess it's about supply and demand? Come on people, build more handguns!

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    I'm assuming that another advantage of building an 80% pistol frame is that a person could legally side-step the HQL requirement as it is a home made firearm.

I'm a bit disappointed. I thought they ere going to making a 1911 frame. I would have been more interested in that.

On another note, I thought they already had an ATF determination letter on it.

I was also disappointed that they chose to go towards the Glock frame instead of the 1911. However, they did make an AR-10 frame so maybe they figure the Glock frame is going to be more popular and can make a 1911 frame in the future.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    There is a metric butt load of good AR an 1911 80% options. To my knowledge this is the only 80% Glock.

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    There is a metric butt load of good AR an 1911 80% options. To my knowledge this is the only 80% Glock.

And all 1911s are either aluminum or steel. A polymer 80% would be much easier to finish.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    So what they are offering a some kind of hybrid frame that uses Glock upper parts and some other lower parts that are not Glock and close to 1911 dimensions. I wonder if they are going to offer some kind of mags because Glock mags won't work. Maybe a hybrid made of Glock and Sig parts. Call it a Slock or a GloSig.
    Better to sell them to people in real repressive countries.
    As for 1911s being either steel alloy or aluminum alloy, yes but I would prefer a double stack. In which case polymer frame guns like the STI and Bul M5 also come into play.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    It looks to be still all glock parts except the locking block. Regarding the grip angle I think the internal magazine well is still the same angle, it's just the external angle that is closer to 1911 angle.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    I have a CCF Raceframe like this. The grip angle and beaver tail are much more like a 1911. Otherwise, everything else is all Glock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom