• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    If this is the case have him buy a permit when you said a child i was thinking like preteen and being tought about the firearms

Marylandfisherman

Self Aware
    Nov 10, 2011
    I was there in the early afternoon yesterday with the wife and stepson #2, and there were 4-5 guys there, who left shortly after we arrived. How is it on a Sunday? We are trying to get stepson #1 out with his HD shotgun for a little "family time"...

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    If the weather is anything remotely decent Sunday will be packed. Last time I was there a few weeks ago they were lined up close to the parking lot waiting.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Officially. Yes, however i have never seen anyone down there ask a child that is being well supervised and safe if he had the class

not even NRP? everytime im there.. they only have asked for permit.. and most of the time there were no kids around.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I set mine up on a camera tripod and at about 10 feet from the bench. The distance depends on what you are shooting. a shotgun or muzleloader you want it closer so the sabot wont fly up and hit the unit, if you are using a high power rifle you want it fourther back so the blast wont knock it over or give faulse readings/

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just for the love of god, set up your chrony while the range is cold, we have had people walk onto a hot range to set up before.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    The guy i saw yesterday had his set up about 5 yards down range past the table.

I have seen someone with a chrono step out and retrieve it while the line was hot, ‘but its only a couple feet in front of the table'. . . dont be that guy :sad20:

I will be there tomorrow bright and early bec they are calling for rain on Saturday.

RockyTheDog

Sep 5, 2011
    How where do people set up their chronographs at mg? Do you set them up on the tables? Just in front? Or a couple yards down range?
    Different chronos react differently. I suspect lighting conditions also have an affect on it. You have to experiment a bit. I put mine on a big camera tripod about 10ft from the table for my 1911. Any closer and muzzle blast seems to affect it. I don't want it too far away because its too expensive to shoot it by accident.

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's
    Nah....I'm not a candidate for a darwin award. More in the planning phases for when I start 300 blk subsonic reloading now that the stamps are in. Plus I have the 25ft remote display on my chrono.

Niftyvt where you there two weeks ago? With you buddies and multiple pistols?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    They've come in every single time I've been there lately - so, just be aware of the possibility DNR may be there sometime during the day.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wouldn't be the first time something like that's happened, won't be the last either I'd bet.

Well, I'll see if they stop by today, want to get some range time in with the .45 and my hand-loads.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The wife and I went this morning, with my new to me ruger 10/22, ar15 in 22 LR and a few 22 L.r. handguns. and she had her rossie 357 mag.
    We went trough a lot of 22 L.R. rounds and she loved the ar15.

Now that I know the 10/22 runs good it is time to start the fun of customizing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom