• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Happydude

Mar 18, 2011
    For what it's worth, I just e-mailed the, Gov, Lt. Gov, U.S. Senators, U.S. Representatives, State Senator, State Representatives with the following simple question:
    Good Day To You Sir/Ma'am (Mikulski's office),
    Since time is precious I shall be brief. I would like to inquire as to your stance concerning concealed carry laws. I am considering moving to Virginia for that sole reason.

Sincerely,
    Robert Gest IV

I just want to see what (if any) kind of response I get.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Another thing you can do is to write letters to newspapers, and when stories about guns come out, make sure to comment on them with pro-2a comments.

How? Everyone has an individual style, so follow that. Be a gentleman of course, attack the issue, not the person and avoid trole like behaviors like trying to discuss guns in a story about public school funding.

You'd be amazed how many people read comments online, we need people to see that gun control isn't widely accepted.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Another thing you can do is to write letters to newspapers, and when stories about guns come out, make sure to comment on them with pro-2a comments.

How? Everyone has an individual style, so follow that. Be a gentleman of course, attack the issue, not the person and avoid trole like behaviors like trying to discuss guns in a story about public school funding.

You'd be amazed how many people read comments online, we need people to see that gun control isn't widely accepted.

I agree. Not everyone has the time or talent to provide testimony during a hearing or meet with or send letters to a State Congress person, but by-golly if all of us that articulate our positive self-defense opinions here, sure-as-heck can say the same in response to a gun article.

I've seen some very interesting and powerfully convincing data that demonstrated that public opinion is highly influenced by comments made on articles, polls, and forums. In my mind when people watch TV/movies, they realize it's suspended reality; and everyday more people are switching from reading the newspaper and magazines in favor of going online. I've also found that in nearly every instance when a rational (non-politically biased) person reviews the facts for themselves they come to agree that self defense is a fundamental civil right.

If enough Maryland citizens feel the way most of us do on this forum, our representatives will adopt better views or start losing elections.

I had never heard of Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) until I realized there was a 'problem' in Maryland. I can't help but think how much more good I might have been able to do had I heard of MSI sooner.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Yep, be an evangelist for 2A.

I bought a whole stack of MDS stickers and I pass them out to people who inquire about mine.

Education happens in small stages. Getting people to at least look at something other than what the MSM feeds them is the first step.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I agree. Not everyone has the time or talent to provide testimony during a hearing or meet with or send letters to a State Congress person, but by-golly if all of us that articulate our positive self-defense opinions here, sure-as-heck can say the same in response to a gun article.

I've seen some very interesting and powerfully convincing data that demonstrated that public opinion is highly influenced by comments made on articles, polls, and forums. In my mind when people watch TV/movies, they realize it's suspended reality; and everyday more people are switching from reading the newspaper and magazines in favor of going online. I've also found that in nearly every instance when a rational (non-politically biased) person reviews the facts for themselves they come to agree that self defense is a fundamental civil right.

If enough Maryland citizens feel the way most of us do on this forum, our representatives will adopt better views or start losing elections.

I had never heard of Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) until I realized there was a 'problem' in Maryland. I can't help but think how much more good I might have been able to do had I heard of MSI sooner.

Ok, so my question is do we have any one place that has 2A talking points and data to back them up. I've gone through MSI pages and multiple threads to grab some things a few different times but I know stuff is constantly coming up and getting discussed. There are way to many threads to try and scan them all for the info. Search doesn't help if you don't have a specific word to use so you have a very high chance of missing things you haven't thought of. I guess i'm wondering if anyone else would think that a stickied thread titled NEWBIE GUIDE TO 2A data or something like that. I can imagine it would be a hassle though, since it shouldn't be a discussion thread open for bickering. When i helped with the MSI booth at the Marlboro gun show we each brought to it our own viewpoint but I certainly didn't have near as much to support the issues as i would have liked.

Josey Wales

Aug 4, 2010
    So, over the years I have seen many people in this thread say they "Could" do more to support our passion for this sport. The posts stopped in July 2011.

Will you be there with us in Annapolis tomorrow ?

Or will it stop?

If I can get a few hours of PTO from my boss I will be there. I don't give a Mare's Nut iffin its cold. Why would you sit at the cold as balls football game tail gating yesterday but you won't walk for an hour on our Annapolis politicians ?

Matt said it correctly:

"If the NRA got an additional 2 million members in the next two years, no gun control bill would ever make it out of committee. If you're already a member, offer to pay for someone else's new membership."

Let me start a million man march for the NRA.

Get yer arse out there !

Just sayin'

- JW.

cyberfrance

Feb 1, 2012
    I'm very new and still reading older posts. However I will do this today. I will join the NRA. It's the least I can do. It's a start when 62 year old ladies decide its an organization that needs funding and they are welcome to my membership dues. And, you'll be happy to know I'm using my SS monies to pay for it.:)

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I'm very new and still reading older posts. However I will do this today. I will join the NRA. It's the least I can do. It's a start when 62 year old ladies decide its an organization that needs funding and they are welcome to my membership dues. And, you'll be happy to know I'm using my SS monies to pay for it.:)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mieux vaut tard que jamais.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore

Welcome to mdshooters. MSI is the state effort for your rights of protection...(see my signature for more info). Hey, I turned 62 the end of last year.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD

And welcome to the fight

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I send emails to every member of the judiciary commitee every year. I also email the Gov. and Lt. Gov. giving them my views on upcoming bills. I am NRA.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Welcome to MDS Cyberfrance, and good for you for supporting the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom