• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YFallston

Aug 24, 2013
    Hazard County
    Local gun shop is selling stripped lowers again. Posting says it is legal as long as they are built into pistols or hbars. Did I miss an update on this? Sorry if this a dupe post.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    That may be best to leave that private for the time being.

Possibly. I have long believed and voiced the opinion that AR15 (or any other lower) is cash and carry, as long as there is a legal configuration possible for it. MSP has taken an indefensible position, and I have been trying to change that position. I was just wondering who it was, but understand trepidation.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Possibly. I have long believed and voiced the opinion that AR15 (or any other lower) is cash and carry, as long as there is a legal configuration possible for it. MSP has taken an indefensible position, and I have been trying to change that position. I was just wondering who it was, but understand trepidation.

I'm nit in disagreement, Just think that info should be left for the dealer to disclose.

NoFro

Aug 24, 2010
    Queen Anne's County
    Another FFl from Easton. MD posted on facebook a couple days ago that they are selling stripped lowers too. I agree with your legal interpretation, but I wouldnt want to be the one to fight it in court. Maybe these guys are up for it?

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I wish I could find one. If anyone would be so kind, can they PM me with a dealer. I wonder if they are just posting them for interstate sale and not to MD resi's

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I agree 100% with Nate. A Mossburg 500 Bullpup is a banned firearm however you can still buy a stripped Mossburg 500 receiver to build a shotgun, and SBS or AOW as long as you do not build FSA-2013 copycat.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Its bs. Stripped lowers should still be legal, as 80%'rs to complete, as long as they are finished into a currently legal comfiguration. Good to see some IPs doing this!

Sent from 21st century technology

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I hadn't thought about it, but a lower should be legal.

Same as buying a pistol upper, YOU are responsible to build it into a legal pistol, if you don't you broke the law. Same here, you should be able to buy it so long as you build into a legal rifle. However, the libs who wrote the moronic law don't want that to happen so they will fight to stop it since that would show their level of stupidity and of understanding their own foolish law.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    it was posted on horst and McCann's facebook page. i'm not worried about saying it out loud. I doubt anyone in harford county is going to be rushing in there.

https://www.facebook.com/HorstGuns

"anderson mfg stripped lowers for sale in md"

they have a caveat that you must build a pistol or a hbar. not 80% s, they say so right on their page.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Are they 80% lowers? Those are legal all day long as long as you don't finish them and build them out to a finished firearm, right?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    to a finished banned firearm
    So I can get an 80% lower and finish it out to an HBAR and the firearm is legal?

If that's the case, this state is so effed - the dumbasses who pushed and passed that legislation is so stupid, they don't even know what they don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom