• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    ....once I get a DIAS it gets a SSF Trigger Group..,...

Is that really your plan? Frankly that is not seeming to be the way to go anymore, especially in MD. If you are making a post sample then maybe I see it. Otherwise DIAS are much more than a lot of registered receiver guns. Also in MD, you are limited to the semi receivers you can drop it in. Sounds kind of crazy to drop $25K on that. If a post sample, then you could just drop it in and keep your semi receiver. However, SOT it would not seem the receiver issue would be problem.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I call you out on downplaying Glock SBRs as a viable alternative, you don't respond and get pissy, and now you're a hero? I knew exactly what I was talking about, thanks. I don't need to be a gunsmith to have a viable and knowledgeable opinion on guns.

You have a nice gun. Other people can debate aspects of guns. This does not make your gun any less nice. Maybe try to be nice to people instead of shitting on them like an arrogant *******. I've heard that's the Christian thing to do, not that I'd know.

I never mentioned a gun of yours to my knowledge. I responded to bobthefisher. If you posted a SBR glock here did I quote the spec list and say it was pointless? Nope. I responded to Bob. My response to Bob you quoted and took it from there.

I think out my builds. When people ask why, I give reasons.

You guys troll real good. I'll give you that.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Alright, then. Mea culpa. Glad to know we're on the same page.

And I do agree his response was a little crass, FWIW.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Is that really your plan? Frankly that is not seeming to be the way to go anymore, especially in MD. If you are making a post sample then maybe I see it. Otherwise DIAS are much more than a lot of registered receiver guns. Also in MD, you are limited to the semi receivers you can drop it in. Sounds kind of crazy to drop $25K on that. If a post sample, then you could just drop it in and keep your semi receiver. However, SOT it would not seem the receiver issue would be problem.

Im not paying 25k. I have a friend who is looking to sell his for 8k. I have done work for him for over a decade.

I can mill my lowers to take the RDIAS if the shelfs are too short. I'm making the best use of what I currently have on hand.

Is there something about using a RDIAS in MD now? I honestly didn't know there was a legal issue. If there is I'll just get the RDIAS and wait till I move out of MD to install it in my host.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The issue that I believe he's referring to is that many popular RDIAS hosts are now banned or in legal limbo.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Is there something about using a RDIAS in MD now? I honestly didn't know there was a legal issue. If there is I'll just get the RDIAS and wait till I move out of MD to install it in my host.

MSP is now requiring that RDIAS come with an OAL length of > 29". It probably has to do with a letter someone here wrote......

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The issue that I believe he's referring to is that many popular RDIAS hosts are now banned or in legal limbo.

My hosts would be 3 SBR lowers I already own and are taxed. If this effects me I'll just have the RDIAS sit at the shop till I move out of MD and then transfer it to another dealer when I move, if that's even legal.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My hosts would be 3 SBR lowers I already own and are taxed. If this effects me I'll just have the RDIAS sit at the shop till I move out of MD and then transfer it to another dealer when I move, if that's even legal.
    I don't think it's an issue if you already own them.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Im not paying 25k. I have a friend who is looking to sell his for 8k. I have done work for him for over a decade.

I can mill my lowers to take the RDIAS if the shelfs are too short. I'm making the best use of what I currently have on hand.

Well if he is serious about selling, you should jump. Take out a loan if need be. You can almost instantly triple your money and we are not talking pennies. If that works out for you, its damn near like winning the lottery. Its rare a deal like that works out...

I was just saying the main reason people get into a DIAS is so they can use it on different lowers, like the ARES no magwell lower for the shrike...etc. With many of these lowers not illegal to buy new in MD, it kind of defeats the point of DIAS unless you already have good stock and even then.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Well if he is serious about selling, you should jump. Take out a loan if need be. You can almost instantly triple your money and we are not talking pennies. If that works out for you, its damn near like winning the lottery. Its rare a deal like that works out...

I was just saying the main reason people get into a DIAS is so they can use it on different lowers, like the ARES no magwell lower for the shrike...etc. With many of these lowers not illegal to buy new in MD, it kind of defeats the point of DIAS unless you already have good stock and even then.

He is a friend so resale isn't an option. He has 3 and has told me on multiple occasions that he will sell me one for what he paid for it. If I were in need to sell it then it would go back to him. That's the deal. I have timed his other guns for him and he has me at his beck and calm when he needs me for gun stuff. I would do it for him even if he never offered the RDIAS.

Yes I would need to use bank money to do this. I have a LOC that can accommodate this. I have to pay some other things off before I go down that road though.

My 9mm and .22 uppers will see the most use on the RDIAS.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    He is a friend so resale isn't an option. He has 3 and has told me on multiple occasions that he will sell me one for what he paid for it. If I were in need to sell it then it would go back to him. That's the deal. I have timed his other guns for him and he has me at his beck and calm when he needs me for gun stuff. I would do it for him even if he never offered the RDIAS.

Yes I would need to use bank money to do this. I have a LOC that can accommodate this. I have to pay some other things off before I go down that road though.

In my experience, it you get an offer like that, you should move on it and do what needs to be done to get it asap. Its never going to be an ideal time to come up with $8K. I was not suggesting to flip it but that does not mean the value is not there. If nothing else, its the safest $8K investment you can get. As a gun guy, you probably have several guns that could sold without much pain. Probably some others that could be bought back later without any trouble. Maybe parts or uppers...etc.

I know this. I was offered my MG08 at about 2/3rds of going rate, with only a crap picture to go off of. So it was near sight unseen. Price was around your number. I sold what needed to be sold in one month, added $660 cash and bought it. I don't miss what I sold when I think about what I got... To me at least the MG is much more fun that a dozen semi autos.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I'd never go into debt for a toy. Especially not for one that has re-sale strings attached. JMHO

While your standard semi auto can't be looked at as an investment, MG's most certainly can. Just like every investment there is risk.

If I saw someone selling Glock's for $200 NIB, I would snap up a bunch on a credit card.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park

you know what I would do for a RDIAS:innocent0 even more so a full auto AK :innocent0:innocent0:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom