• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Laurel really? Its always amazed me that the track there still exists.............its in a a slum almost worthy of Bmore.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    No big surprise. They've been planning this move for years.

All the upgrades have been done to Laurel. Only the minimum needed for the Preakness has been done at Pimlico. Maryland doesn't need two tracks. The one that will be closed is Pimlico.

I know it will never happen, but I wish they would expand the schedule at Timonium.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    No big surprise. They've been planning this move for years.

All the upgrades have been done to Laurel. Only the minimum needed for the Preakness has been done at Pimlico. Maryland doesn't need two tracks. The one that will be closed is Pimlico.

I know it will never happen, but I wish they would expand the schedule at Timonium.

I didn't know they still had races at tinoinium :shrug:

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    They race there during the MD State Fair.

Yep. Haven't been there in years but they still host races in Timonium. I'm not surprised that they are choosing a new venue for the Preakness myself, but it will be a shame to see Pimlico closed.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Another body blow for Baltimore City. Folks just don't seem to understand that actions and elections have consequences. Either that or they simply don't care. If you elect incompetent criminals and then decide to riot and destroy your own city the productive segment of the population will abandon you - as is happening right now.

In other news, as of 5/17/2015 Baltimore City is tied with Detroit, MI with 95 homicides reported so far in 2015. Way to go Baltimore.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Unfortunately, we have lived in Laurhell, MD 20769 for the past 31 years. Please oh please keep the freeking race out of here! This ******** can't handle the crowds or parking and our crime is through the roof. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lew--Ranger63

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I don't think you have to worry too much. Talk of movin the Preakness has always been just that; talk.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    They still have horse races? And taxpayers fund them?!

No. Not even close. Md drove a whole industry into the ground with over taxation that was so far off the surrounding competing states it's not even funny. The money generated for the state by the horse business has got be one of the biggest single industries in Md.

Boxtop

Sep 17, 2010
    Harford County
    I wish they would move it out of Maryland. Then Stanley Cup games wouldn't get preempted so that we can watch idiots get drunk and race blue crabs for 8 freaking hours.

Like the world needed more proof that the people of Baltimore are complete morons.

The same company that owns Pimlico and Laurel also owns a track in Florida. Move the race to Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom