• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Just curious. My wife and I are thinking about having someone come in and paint our hallway, staircase wall and a large wall that is in our foyer. I have heard numbers ranging all over the place for painters.

Does anyone have any idea what it cost to do something like this or want to come out my way and give me an estimate? I am NOT positive we will go this route but I do want to know what the cost is.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    you just have to get several estimates and it will depend on local. my mom had her whole 20'+ foyer done for $500 in Carroll but I know a guy that would charge $2k in Potomac for the same job. I have a co-worker getting his kitchen, living room and stairs leading downstairs done by a Spanish painter for $500 not including paint cost in Monkey county.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Where about are you? My father does residential painting. You won't find someone better. He's not by any means cheap though.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    No real painter can give a real estimate over the phone. Every situation is different. In most cases you get what you pay for, but not always. My neighbor got a price from my friend, an excellent painter, and another company. My friend was 25% higher so he went with the cheaper guy. House was a mess for 3 1/2 weeks. My friend's company could have done the job in 4 days so it's all relevant. Licensed, bonded and insured legitimate painters have to charge more than the fly by night guys with no over head. My friend is not the cheapest guy in town but no one I have referred him to( dozens) has been unhappy and most have had him back multiple times over the years. He does a lot of repeat business which reflects on his work.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Just curious. My wife and I are thinking about having someone come in and paint our hallway, staircase wall and a large wall that is in our foyer. I have heard numbers ranging all over the place for painters.

Does anyone have any idea what it cost to do something like this or want to come out my way and give me an estimate? I am NOT positive we will go this route but I do want to know what the cost is.
    The folks I hooked you up with for the roof are GC's so they may give you a good price since they are doing other work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom