• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Nice! What did that set you back? Picked a couple of these up a few weeks ago. The Canik55 version. CZ is getting too expensive for stashers. The PPK/S was for the wife...

Attachments

• newtoys.jpg
      newtoys.jpg
      100.4 KB · Views: 163

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Jim,

Nice purchase. Wish MD was like VA. Moving looking more tempting every day.

Yup and none of this one a month doodoo. Not sure of all the hoops y'all have to jump through since SB281 'cause I escaped in 2013.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Y'all are makin me jellyyyyyy :drool:

The word seems to be getting out on the Turkish CZ clones (Canik, SAR, etc). They are as good or better than the CZ for 30-50% less. They run fast and loose with patents around those parts.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Thanks, y'all. I forgot to add that I need to get a mag-well installed on this, too. I'm hoping to hit the range tomorrow. Now if Hornady would just bring their Steel Match ammo back into production...
    What you want these days is 9mm 147g at around 1000 FPS. That is pretty much what everyone shooting steel and USPSA with open sight guns is shooting these days. The recoil is much easier to control than with 115g/125g ammo. Winchester has their new 3G ammo which is this type as do Fiochi and Speer both. Not good for a comped gun in Open but best for everything else (I am shooting 9mm NATO in my open Glock 34). About $6 a box more expensive than 115g so I may start to reload it, but I am in the midst of switching over to it so have been buying up some of the available brands (see Natchez).

jjsat

Apr 14, 2014
    Montgomery Co., MD
    Just picked up one myself a couple weeks ago and can not wait to get to the range. Are the VZ grips as comfortable as the stock ones? They sure look great!

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    The grips are nicer than the stock grips, and they're thinner.

Looking at your SP-01, you had the sights and safety upgraded. Any other work done?

The SP01 is actually a Shadow model. Beside the grips, it came like that from CZ Custom. The PCR has the trigger work done by Cajun gunworks. I highly recommend it if you are looking to have your SP01 worked on.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    Yeah.... I love me some CZ's. I have a 27, (2) 82's, 52, 75b and my Kadet .22lr upper should arrive on Tuesday. I'm thinking about getting a P-01 next, but haven't made up my mind.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Yeah.... I love me some CZ's. I have a 27, (2) 82's, 52, 75b and my Kadet .22lr upper should arrive on Tuesday. I'm thinking about getting a P-01 next, but haven't made up my mind.

I have three of their rifles, a Vz-24, a Vz-52, and a Vz-54/91. Some day a Vz-32 will be living in my safe, but that's a ways off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom