• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I generally wear jeans/khakis and polos or button down shirts. I carry a 1911 in a plain leather holster.

I also go about my business normally as I would without a gun. No one pays attention to me.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Exactly.

But if you were in shredded BDUs, a MOLLE vest, and a tac-cap, it would be a different story entirely.

Absolutely. I believe there is a time and a place for most attire. I would not go to McDonald's in a tuxedo....while appropriate in some places, I would stand out like a sore thumb at a fast food place.

The same principle needs to be applied everywhere.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Wait till all the people start bitching about how it's selling out, and acting like sissified pussies.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Absolutely. I believe there is a time and a place for most attire. I would not go to McDonald's in a tuxedo....while appropriate in some places, I would stand out like a sore thumb at a fast food place.

The same principle needs to be applied everywhere.
    Unless you just got out ofthe Prom and were going to the after-party. :D

Agree 100% with all and am waiting for the naysayers as gprimr1 noted.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's selling out. You guys in your fancy duds are sissified pussies.

Tom is right on the money. We are in a battle for the vast 80% of America that really doesn't care/think too much about these issues. Perception and the "message" is everything.

Think about the early years of the civil rights movement. The people in those marches were dressed like normal, respectable people. In the north, and in suburban homes, they appeared on their TV's as honest and non-threatening - just like them, which they were. Later, 60's anti-war protests made up of counter culture youth determined to appear different were not as well received by non-committed people watching from home.

Young guys wearing shorts, shirts with skulls, scruffy beards, etc. with rifles slung over their backs look different than most people (i.e. not our tribe). A suburban dad wearing jeans a polo shirt with a handgun in a leather holster doesn't look as threatening. Who's scared of Ned Flanders, even if you knew he owned firearms?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Think about the early years of the civil rights movement. The people in those marches were dressed like normal, respectable people. In the north, and in suburban homes, they appeared on their TV's as honest and non-threatening - just like them, which they were. Later, 60's anti-war protests made up of counter culture youth determined to appear different were not as well received by non-committed people watching from home.

Young guys wearing shorts, shirts with skulls, scruffy beards, etc. with rifles slung over their backs look different than most people (i.e. not our tribe). A suburban dad wearing jeans a polo shirt with a handgun in a leather holster doesn't look as threatening. Who's scared of Ned Flanders, even if you knew he owned firearms?

Awesome

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Same people dressed & groomed differently.
    Which gives a more favorable impression of 2A supporters?

8C9407762-131017-ent-duckdynasty3-hmed.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg

beardless-Robertsons-490x367.jpg

duck-dynasty-1.jpg

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Think appearance doesn't count? Why does every ghetto rat criminal get a suit and tie to got to court? If it didn't work defense lawyers wouldn't insist on it. Unfortunately all to often we have met the enemy and he is us.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Same people dressed & groomed differently.
    Which gives a more favorable impression of 2A supporters?

8C9407762-131017-ent-duckdynasty3-hmed.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg

beardless-Robertsons-490x367.jpg

duck-dynasty-1.jpg

I would say all 3.

Picture #1 - A casually dressed mom and her sons out for lunch.

Picture #2 - A foursome enjoying a nice round of golf at a nice resort.

Picture #3 - A foursome enjoying being out in nature harvesting game for food.

I think you were trying to say the 3rd picture dictates a stereotype. But I will disagree. I'd have to say if you showed this picture to the pubic, most would say that they are avid hunters. Camo, shotguns, knee deep in water with duck decoys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom