• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • afk_md

Jun 23, 2014
    So, I wasn't paying much attention to the recent AR law and let it come and go without dealing with an AR-15 that I actually need to get rid of. It was originally purchased at The Gun Rack in Burtonsville back in 2002 or so. I need to sell it as I am moving to DC and frankly haven't taken it out of the safe to shoot it in years anyway.

It is a Bushmaster XM-15 ES2 with a heavy barrel (normal non-collapsable stock). Does this make it an HBAR? I also have a second upper for it that I bought off of a buy a couple of years ago and have never shot. It is a UTG upper with a GripPod on it.

I have been told that I may still be able to legally sell the original lower and upper here legally due to the heavy barrel and then sell the UTG separately. If so, I assume this would have to be through an FFL?

If not, could I still sell it through GunBroker and ship it from a PA FFL to the buyer's local FFL?

Thanks much for any assistance.

SergeantEvil

Jul 9, 2012
    It's a "Bushmaster" which is now banned by name even thou it is not what they meant when they made the list. Sell it on Gunbroker and ship to out of state FFL.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Walk it into an ffl and ask. Not even god knows if Bushmaters really are banned.. nor if the rifle is an hbar although it may very well be.

You can allways sell via an ffl out of state.

Ianal

Also do not move to DC unless you are elected to some high office ;). J/K. Hope its worth it to you.. I would not do it for lots of reasons but good luck..

Also consider living in va

Last edited:

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    If you're a md resident, I'm sure other MD residents might be willing to buy it cash and carry as an HBAR? Seems any well-educated individual would be taking same risks an FFL would?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just be really careful what you do. The rulers would love nothing more than to videotape you doing the perp walk in an orange jumpsuit and leg irons and give it to a willing media who will trumpet it as an exapmple of how their precious gun ban works at "getting guns of the street".

Whatever you do, STAY WELL WITHIN THE LAW.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I would sell it out of state to a resident of a free state. Screw the FEE STATE!!! Best bet to be safe is out of state sale FFL to FFL.

tman

Jan 28, 2013
    Put a 'for sale' sign on the rifle and take it to a gunshow in PA or VA (Chantilly gunshow in July, for example). If you can get a buyer (non-MD resident) walk to the FFL and do the transfer.

sygata

Feb 13, 2012
    You can take it apart, sell all the parts anywhere you like, either individually or as a "rifle kit", and keep stripped receiver for the future.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    You can take it apart, sell all the parts anywhere you like, either individually or as a "rifle kit", and keep stripped receiver for the future.

He's moving to DC... a place where a man was arrested for having just a spent shell casing...

sygata

Feb 13, 2012
    He's moving to DC... a place where a man was arrested for having just a spent shell casing...

Well, I guess I missed that part...

By the way, I guess you can keep all the parts, but the receiver in DC, right?

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    The rulers would love nothing more than to videotape you doing the perp walk in an orange jumpsuit and leg irons and give it to a willing media who will trumpet it as an exapmple of how their precious gun ban works at "getting guns of the street".

I agree. First post and he's looking to sell a banned rifle and getting pseudo-offers on how to bypass the new law?

Sounds like a sting operation in the making.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Sugguesting to sell to/ thru an out of state FFL is in no way skirting or questionable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom