• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Part II of my question to understand the content, then this firearm P716-12B-PSB with its Overall Length 30.2 in though the Barrel Length 12.5 in. This is classified as a Pistol is "Legal" and can be purchased in MD.

Attachments

• P716-SB15-Detail-R.jpg
      P716-SB15-Detail-R.jpg
      18.8 KB · Views: 209

sygata

Feb 13, 2012
    In regards to an AR pistol: having a carbine buffer tube on an AR pistol doesnt make it illegal correct? Only becomes illegal when a stock is attached to the tube without the proper paperwork.

In the same sense. Could you create an AK pistol and rivet in a fixed stock trunnion. As long as one doesnt actually put a stock on it, would it still be classified as an AK pistol?

In my opinion, it may be true, as long as u don't posses any AK or AR stock. If you have "control" over any part, it is equal to having it installed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

brandofire

Jul 4, 2013
    SOMD
    Part II of my question to understand the content, then this firearm P716-12B-PSB with its Overall Length 30.2 in though the Barrel Length 12.5 in. This is classified as a Pistol is "Legal" and can be purchased in MD.

Simple answer is no. Maybe someone else can prove me wrong but I did not see the SIG P716 on the handgun roster. Feel free to check.

https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/S...e/HandgunRoster/HandgunModels.aspx?manu=18128

Other than it not being on the roster, I dont see why it wouldn't be legal. But why would you want a 716 in a pistol? You can still purchase the 716 rifle in MD cash and carry as it is not an AR-15 variant but rather more of an AR-10 variant. Because we all know 223/5.56 is way more dangerous than 308 ;)

Ok so reading this thread and attempting to absorb the content. My question would be referencing the attached picture. That, this firearm can be built at home out of an M14 as long as the total length is greater or equal to 29" as a rifle.

The M14 rogue chassis system is based on the M1A/M14 platform.

http://www.jtactical.com/rogue

The M1A is on the "banned" list. If you dont already have one to modify you can't buy a new one in this state. The M14 is the same rifle with a different name. If you owned one prior to October 2013, you can modify it as long as you are not viloating any new or existing laws. If you really want a bullpup in this state buy a Tavor, PS90, or an FS2000... if you can find one.

May 13, 2005
    Didn't the Arsenal 106U AK pistol just make the list? Sounds like a good candidate for a brace if in fact is good to go on the list.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Simple answer is no. Maybe someone else can prove me wrong but I did not see the SIG P716 on the handgun roster. Feel free to check.

https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/S...e/HandgunRoster/HandgunModels.aspx?manu=18128

Other than it not being on the roster, I dont see why it wouldn't be legal. But why would you want a 716 in a pistol? You can still purchase the 716 rifle in MD cash and carry as it is not an AR-15 variant but rather more of an AR-10 variant. Because we all know 223/5.56 is way more dangerous than 308 ;)

The M14 rogue chassis system is based on the M1A/M14 platform.

http://www.jtactical.com/rogue

The M1A is on the "banned" list. If you dont already have one to modify you can't buy a new one in this state. The M14 is the same rifle with a different name. If you owned one prior to October 2013, you can modify it as long as you are not viloating any new or existing laws. If you really want a bullpup in this state buy a Tavor, PS90, or an FS2000... if you can find one.

Much appreciated, and yes I have been shopping for AR10 varients, just trying to adjust to a price range amd manufacturer...Why I am looking at the P716 is price, size and purpose. Want the wife to be able to handle it, don't need so much distance but I want the large caliber. I guess you could say a his and hers collection.

I sort of read it, the "restrictions" as the M14 not on the list so its ok to have, I mean the M14 came after the M1. So wouln't that make it a completely different rifle (Anyone please chime in). With that I could just buy the receiver section and make the Juggernaut with a Heavy Barrel which is long enough to be longer than 29"?

I saw the TAVOR for sale at Atlantic Firearms though I prefer the larger caliber...

Last edited:

brandofire

Jul 4, 2013
    SOMD
    Much appreciated, and yes I have been shopping for AR10 varients, just trying to adjust to a price range amd manufacturer...Why I am looking at the P716 is price, size and purpose. Want the wife to be able to handle it, don't need so much distance but I want the large caliber. I guess you could say a his and hers collection.

I sort of read it, the "restrictions" as the M14 not on the list so its ok to have, I mean the M14 came after the M1. So wouln't that make it a completely different rifle (Anyone please chime in). With that I could just buy the receiver section and make the Juggernaut with a Heavy Barrel which is long enough to be longer than 29"?

I saw the TAVOR for sale at Atlantic Firearms though I prefer the larger caliber...

I hear you loud and clear. The 716 rifle can be had with a 16" barrel, IMHO the rifle would be easier for my wife to handle based on the difference between shouldering, and holding with outstreched arms or hip firing a 7.62x51/308. I can see the appeal of the P716 if you want to SBR it later, other than that it seems like overkill in a pistol. Not to mention the $2,252.00 MSRP

The way I have always read the "assualt weapons" list was with that opening statement.
    "Assualt weapon means any of the following specific firearms or their copies regardless of which company produced and manufactured that firearm"

The "list" states Springfield M1A, which is the semi-automatic "civillian" version of the M14. It also has the Springfield M21, which is the semi-automatic "sniper enhanced version" of the M14. If you can find a dealer in Maryland to sell you an M1A/M14/M21 variant, have at it (and let me know where I can get one too) :)

Fulton would probably be a good source for where to find an M14, they are based in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Maryland(istan)

http://www.fulton-armory.com/contact-us.aspx

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I wish that someone would submit a Zastava PAP M92 PV AK47 to the handgun board. I would be so tempted to apply for an HQL to buy one of these.

Zastava-HG3089-N-787450220720-1.jpg

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I hear you loud and clear. The 716 rifle can be had with a 16" barrel, IMHO the rifle would be easier for my wife to handle based on the difference between shouldering, and holding with outstreched arms or hip firing a 7.62x51/308. I can see the appeal of the P716 if you want to SBR it later, other than that it seems like overkill in a pistol. Not to mention the $2,252.00 MSRP

The way I have always read the "assualt weapons" list was with that opening statement.
    "Assualt weapon means any of the following specific firearms or their copies regardless of which company produced and manufactured that firearm"

The "list" states Springfield M1A, which is the semi-automatic "civillian" version of the M14. It also has the Springfield M21, which is the semi-automatic "sniper enhanced version" of the M14. If you can find a dealer in Maryland to sell you an M1A/M14/M21 variant, have at it (and let me know where I can get one too) :)

Fulton would probably be a good source for where to find an M14, they are based in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Maryland(istan)

http://www.fulton-armory.com/contact-us.aspx

The reason for the appeal of the P716 is the CQ capability (Close Quarters). Plus I am 6'5" 200 plus so 16" or 18" not a problem for me, my better half is much shorter so I am looking at the LOP for her. Her current Shotgun is a youth Model 505 Mossberg 20g.

I guess I am dancing around the words, with all of the Qualified Members on here was hoping for a valid chime in. I've read the regs over and over to try to make sense out of the legal garble...

The reason fo all this I am not moving ever again so now that I will be a permanent resident I can buy what I like and want, so I am "Building" and arsenal. Been looking at quite a few AR10s the REPR gets High Marks, DPMS, FA 308, SIG716, Hogan, CMMG, Bushmaster, Colt, RRA, POF, plus all of the custom stuff it can be mind boggling...

I appreciate the input....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom