• ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Post 4 updated with AG race info:

frosh (D)

Jeffrey Pritzker (R)
    http://www.pritzkerforattorneygeneral.com/meet-jeff.html
    http://www.mdgop.org/jeffrey-n-pritzker-to-run-for-attorney-general/#.U2OQxK1dXqI

Cardin and Gansler never replied to me either... and I'm a DEMOCRAT!!

:D:D

To help us win in the Primary Election, I donated to both of them. I got confirm emails from both on the donations. I regularly got campaign emails from Gansler. I never heard from Cardin again.

Am a democrat also, at least on paper ;)

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    OP updated to document those legislators who sponsored pro-hunting bills that passed in the 2014 legislative session.

Cardin's e-mail messaging was pathetic.
    Got the below. Think we can ask him to send that $$$ to http://www.pritzkerforattorneygeneral.com/ ? :)

Dear Zeus,

Thank you for your generous contribution of <removed>
    Your confirmation number is <removed>.

The dedicated and tireless support of friends like you has been an important asset through my three terms as a state delegate. Now, as we shift to a legislative agenda that focuses on both my constituents and the state, and as my campaign shifts its focus to the needs, safety, and protection of all Marylanders, your support is more critical than ever.

The major issues facing our state today require principled, focused leadership at all levels. This is more important than ever before. Your backing shows that you regard me as just such a leader. Together, we make Maryland the best it can be.

Thank you again for your friendship and support. Your continued belief in me is truly humbling and I am eager to continue to work hard for Maryland.

Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Jon S. Cardin

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited:

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Anyone know which candidates, are descent in Calvert County? For the life of me, I have no idea who to pick. Other than Sheriff Evans, and Hogan. I at least know not to vote for Cardin, Hoyer, M. Miller or the munchkin. I'm still not sure what voting district I am in Northern Calvert. I thought, maybe I'm in 27B. But I'm not sure now. I'd appreciate some help. If no one answers, then I will just push the "R" candidates. I don't know where I heard this nasty rumor, but, it's been said Calvert has no true conservatives friendly to 2A. Worries me a little. :shrug::mdpatriot

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Anyone know which candidates, are descent in Calvert County? For the life of me, I have no idea who to pick. Other than Sheriff Evans, and Hogan. I at least know not to vote for Cardin, Hoyer, M. Miller or the munchkin. I'm still not sure what voting district I am in Northern Calvert. I thought, maybe I'm in 27B. But I'm not sure now. I'd appreciate some help. If no one answers, then I will just push the "R" candidates. I don't know where I heard this nasty rumor, but, it's been said Calvert has no true conservatives friendly to 2A. Worries me a little. :shrug::mdpatriot

You can find which district you are in here:

https://voterservices.elections.maryland.gov/PollingPlaceSearch

Once you know that you can check the AGC Candidate Ratings in post #508.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Another day, another Poll shows its a close race:
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...poll-20141011,0,2013360.story?page=2#vcomment

Why it is deeply important to vote: voters are unenthusiastic about Brown.

And, the Sun editorial board says: Hogan has a shot (but needs to do more).

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-poll-20141012,0,2795147.story

The editorial notes that "26 percent of voters said taxes would determine their votes, but 67 percent said other issues are more important."

Not sure what the 67% is, but I suspect its the economy and education. Education? as in cutting pension funding?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just read through, and there seems to be a distinct lack of confidence in Brownstain among folks he should be able to count on.

One thing I agree with, though...

Unless someone is really digging into the issues like we do here, they are unlikely to really understand anything about these two other than the TV ads.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Support for Bubble brown is very soft. On the other hand, Hogan has not quite closed the deal yet.

I feel like a lot of people say they support Brown, but are secretly rooting for Hogan. The problem in this state is Holy chit you're voting republican!!!

People actually elect Republican governors in other states in the northeast to balance the legislature. People actually split tickets. Somehow it's an anomaly in MD.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Just read through, and there seems to be a distinct lack of confidence in Brownstain among folks he should be able to count on.

One thing I agree with, though...

Unless someone is really digging into the issues like we do here, they are unlikely to really understand anything about these two other than the TV ads.

That's why Dino is a double edged sword. It may or may not be obscureing the numbers ..

Turnout will be key. If low numbers lead to better turnout drives it may not matter.

Dinos should not be overt. Let them court you ...you should talk about all the other issues Brown is wrong about. If nothing else you take up time...and you may influence the d party a bit to the right.

Maryland needs all the help it can get.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    That's why Dino is a double edged sword. It may or may not be obscureing the numbers ..

Turnout will be key. If low numbers lead to better turnout drives it may not matter.

Dinos should not be overt. Let them court you ...you should talk about all the other issues Brown is wrong about. If nothing else you take up time...and you may influence the d party a bit to the right.

Maryland needs all the help it can get.

I think that the best way independents and Dinos can help is by making it ok to vote republican, like its a normal thing, and Maryland will not implode per Brown's ads. I think the time for secrecy is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom