• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I was able to contact newly nominated Republican Jeff Ghrist (R-36 delegate nominee) and get his stance on 2A rights since he has beaten Mike Smigiel in the primary. Here is what he said.

Gun ownership is a right that our founders thought was important enough to codify into our bill of rights. In fact important enough to make it second only to free speech, religion and the press. I'm a proud NRA member and look forward to continuing the good fight.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I Googled it because I was curious and I think he has an AQ NRA rating (meaning, he submitted the ?aire, but no voting record). I could not find it on the NRA website, they took it down. So, please don't quote me. I saw it on a MDReporter summary of the candidates.

My suggestion would be: He should post the questionnaire on his campaign website if possible. There will be no end of :tinfoil:

As a newbie, I doubt he will make any major committees. This may indeed be good for Caroline, but IMO will be bad for the rest of the state in terms of 2A support in Maryland.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I Googled it because I was curious and I think he has an AQ NRA rating (meaning, he submitted the ?aire, but no voting record). I could not find it on the NRA website, they took it down. So, please don't quote me. I saw it on a MDReporter summary of the candidates.

My suggestion would be: He should post the questionnaire on his campaign website if possible. There will be no end of :tinfoil:

As a newbie, I doubt he will make any major committees. This may indeed be good for Caroline, but IMO will be bad for the rest of the state in terms of 2A support in Maryland.
    It is available on the PVF website in the archives (needs an NRA Member # to access) - he did have an AQ without endorsement. The three incumbents received the endorsements. Heinze received an "F", McCarthy & Uhler a "?".

larr

Apr 1, 2011
    Easternshore
    I was able to contact newly nominated Republican Jeff Ghrist (R-36 delegate nominee) and get his stance on 2A rights since he has beaten Mike Smigiel in the primary. Here is what he said.
    Gun ownership is a right that our founders thought was important enough to codify into our bill of rights. In fact important enough to make it second only to free speech, religion and the press. I'm a proud NRA member and look forward to continuing the good fight.
    He will say anything to get elected. If he wins in the general lets hope that he's a better delegate than a commissioner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom