• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    :)

If you have any ideas in how to get people motivated to go vote, I am all ears. I think had more voted this primary, results would have been much better. There ware some very close races!

I don't know how well oiled Hogan's machine is, but he'll certainly need all the help he can get since I'm sure Brown's is well organized after two prior elections. I'd recommend contacting Hogan to see what neighborhoods he needs canvassed. Plenty more people will get out to vote for a governor if motivated, while the rest will get swept into office on their coat tails. And more than money, though that certainly helps too, the last campaign I staffed appreciated actual volunteers more. Actual people means more tables filled at events, more neighborhoods canvassed, more people outside of voting locations... Etc.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Huh? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post Lou but what in my post makes you think I said "fukkit" and didn't vote? FYI, I haven't ever missed an election; hell I've worked GOTV, organized volunteers to canvas neighborhoods etc... I certainly understand the importance of this civic duty and I live it. But yesterday's numbers are more than disheartening. Sure, repub numbers are too, but judging by the numbers of DEMS who came out to vote, they aren't any less organized or determined to elect their party incumbents regardless of how much they've hurt this state. Our DINO effort did little to make a dent, and I really did hope we'd at least disrupt a few elections. If anything, I think more DEMS may have actually voted this primary election then last, though I could be mistaken. I'll keep voting until the day we move from this state, but IMO all signs point to continued DEM control. There are just too many factors that weight heavily in favor for the left here; demographics, federal monies, gerrymandered district lines, and the fed up folks who have and are voting with their feet...

In my post (#60) that I quoted one of your posts, my response was in AGREEMENT with your post. Sorry for any misunderstanding as it was not my intention to make you look bad by any means, but in agreement with you in reference to those "others" that didn't vote.

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    In my post (#60) that I quoted one of your posts, my response was in AGREEMENT with your post. Sorry for any misunderstanding as it was not my intention to make you look bad by any means, but in agreement with you in reference to those "others" that didn't vote.

Nope, no need to apologize. I figured I may be misunderstanding... For which I apologize. Just one of those days. I'm sure I'll be cranky, cynical or otherwise an intolerable douche for at least a few more days; judging on my demeanor after the last several elections... But hey! I just bought a 9 round glock 30 mag at a good price, so I'm much happier now. :)

We have an uphill battle ahead of us. Brown is a like-able guy if you ignore his politics and record while under O'Malley. His base is pretty motivated it seems, and he should be able to pull in a high percentage (90+ percent) of the black vote; which basically means he already has 20-25% locked up this November. We really need every independent and Repub out this November voting for Hogan to have a chance... Time will tell...

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012

:thumbsup: :lol2:

I don't know how well oiled Hogan's machine is, but he'll certainly need all the help he can get since I'm sure Brown's is well organized after two prior elections. I'd recommend contacting Hogan to see what neighborhoods he needs canvassed. Plenty more people will get out to vote for a governor if motivated, while the rest will get swept into office on their coat tails. And more than money, though that certainly helps too, the last campaign I staffed appreciated actual volunteers more. Actual people means more tables filled at events, more neighborhoods canvassed, more people outside of voting locations... Etc.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom