• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    My son started a new armed security job and it has been recommended he find a vest. Anyone have a line of some good dealers and good products?

Thanks,

Jim

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    What kind of vest? Bullet resistant? Stab proof? Load bearing?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    My bad. He needs a bullet proof, probably a Class III.

Jim

Contact industry partner A1 Uniform and see if they can help you. Good body armor isn't cheap and is custom cut to the user.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Needs to contact his employer with this one... what is required, prohibited or needed?

So very vague.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If the employer isn't supplying , then it isn't up to them to require or prohibit.

Presumptivly either a full level II , or a IIIA would be called for.

For a given rating level , an inexprnsive one will stop the same bullets as an expensive. The difference is better ones will be thinner , more concealable , less restrictive on movements , and more comfortable ( hence more likely to be worn regularily).

But the good news is that it is tax edeuctable for him . As well as range time , practice ammo , training ( including travel & expenses ), etc.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    If the employer isn't supplying , then it isn't up to them to require or prohibit.

Presumptivly either a full level II , or a IIIA would be called for.

For a given rating level , an inexprnsive one will stop the same bullets as an expensive. The difference is better ones will be thinner , more concealable , less restrictive on movements , and more comfortable ( hence more likely to be worn regularily).

But the good news is that it is tax edeuctable for him . As well as range time , practice ammo , training ( including travel & expenses ), etc.

Plenty of things that may not be provided but will need to fit requirements. Not every job supplies everything. Folks who work at Target...wear a top they must buy and is not provided for them. It must be red.

Also write off may not be true either..only if he files that tax form and if he actually exceeds the necessary amount.

At any rate.. having a vest would not hurt. It still needs to be known any requirements.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Some places will also give a stipend to buy equipment. I had a construction job a while back that the company gave everybody a voucher for 100 bucks to get new steel toe boots. If your boots were over the 100 bucks, you paid the difference. See if the company has a program like that.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Some places will also give a stipend to buy equipment. I had a construction job a while back that the company gave everybody a voucher for 100 bucks to get new steel toe boots. If your boots were over the 100 bucks, you paid the difference. See if the company has a program like that.

Steel toe boots and things like hard hats and goggles are OSHA requirements an the employer has to provide the minimum equipment.it sounds like the employer is recommending a vest but there is probably no regulatory requirement.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    My bad. He needs a bullet proof, probably a Class III.

Jim

Level III is entry team armor, way too heavy for everyday usage. II or IIA is all he will need.

By the way, we sell body armor. ;)

Armor is custom cut an fit for each individual, and proper fit is crucial for the armor to provide adequate protection and wearability.

The turn around time for armor is 4 to 6 weeks in most cases. Check around, for custom fit armor you won't get it any quicker.

Drop by if interested, we could certainly get you squared away.

On_Target

Feb 7, 2013
    If he needs a loaner just to get him started let me know. I have plenty. I can point him in the right direction when it's time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom