• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Is there no talk about this? (i searched for the thread but couldn't find one)

http://www.ruger.com/micros/rpr/models.html

models-top.jpg

EDIT: $1399 list in 6.5 Creedmore, 243, and 308. Well under 1 MOA.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That thing is ugly enough to be a modern art masterpiece.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Ruger hit it out of the ball park with that rifle. I will own one, probably in 6.5 Creedmore.

CHF barrel, takes multiple magazine types, AR ergonomics, easily swap-able barrels, AR butt stocks, the list continues... this thing was well thought out.

-Jim

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Was on Rugers website the other day for something else and saw it. The cut away views are interesting. As an engineer it looks at first glance well thought out. The integral chassis concept with in-line recoil is the most intriguing. Will be interesting to see if it delivers on its potential.

FWIW, The latest American Rifleman has a blurb and article on it. Called it 'evolutionary'. Magazine reviews are 99% biased but I tend to somewhat agree. It appears to be a well thought out way to make a precision bolt gun inexpensive. Again, hope they can deliver.

Edit: Seeing Jims response while I was typing. I will prob get one in 6.5CM too. I don't have a precision bolt gun (yet) and got to shoot some tricked out Rem700s at 400-ish yds this weekend (fellow does quite well w/ them competing at quantico.) As much as I like the wallop of big-ol' 308/30-06, 6.5CM seems a no brainer in the long range competition category. Been researching them more this week.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I really like Ruger and I hope this thing sells as fast as they can build them. I think it's hideous, but I'm not the target market.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I really like Ruger and I hope this thing sells as fast as they can build them. I think it's hideous, but I'm not the target market.

Most long range guns, especially those riding in high dollar chassis systems, are rather ugly IMO. This one just has the benefit of using AR rails and buttstocks.

Perfect example of form follows function, IMO.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    This may have just jumped my short list but that stocks gotta go.Now to to explain to the Mrs. why she should be super excited about such a great deal!

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I do not care much for the type of trigger or the way the cheek piece adjusts. I would prefer a thumbwheel adjustment for the CP. I do like the fact that the CP can be adjusted fore & aft. It's supposed to accept AR type stocks and float tubes though. Other than that, it looks pretty interesting. At the price point, it will probably go over well with tactical bolt gun shooters and LEO. Hopefully, there will be some development on the aftermarket side. Judging by the amount of talk about the rifle on other forums, I expect that these will be in short supply for some time.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    That just changed my priority list around. I have yet to read the reviews, but it certainly fits the bill if it does a great job in the accuracy department. 6.5 for me.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If they offer a .260 barrel, I could be tempted.

I'd likely just re-build or build out another rifle in .260, but it'd still be an option if they offer a 26" .260 barrel.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    How long until someone chops it to 16"? I'd sure like this in a more compact package(especially with a folding stock)

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Now where's that drooling emoticon? I gotta get one of these! Just read the review in American Rifleman a few minutes ago, and it sounds pretty interesting.

Ah, here it is... :drool:

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Been looking for a new bolt gun for non hunting and think this may be it. Which IP is going to force me to buy one...

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    I'm still pissed I missed one of the 6.5 models at turners. Been trying to find one like crazy. Ruger really listened to the market on this one. One of the engineers that worked on it is a member offer on SH. From what I understand ruger should be cranking out 100 per week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom