• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I believe the sheriff was there to arrest the woman on a warrant made out over a year after the man was charged with the same thing. The initial date of the charge is clearly a year before her arrest warrant was listed.

All charges against the woman were nolled - I assume the woman in the video is the same one in case search.

I think the arrest warrant for the woman needs to be closely examined.

Obviously, the initial search warrant against the father was bad.

GlockMafia

Glock and Sig!
    Jul 4, 2015
    Hazard County
    that my friend it the $1 MILLION Question.

All we see is angry man in penguin shirt fighting with 2 deputies who should show ID. Did he really care, one had a badge around his neck, the other (redhead) had his in his pocket.

If you search case search, you can see how this whole mess started back in 2012 with the original poster's charges (unsavory to say the least-bad for law abiding gun owners). I do not know the whole story, but from what I can see, I don't know of any Attorney that would be associated with this case...regardless of $$$.

Taurus454

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2015
    To the person who sent me a PM regarding a lawyer, my sincerest thanks.

Please know that I was discussing my case with my friend and he said there were attorneys on this site who might step-up and help. That is the reason I came to this site and posted my message. My intent was not to stir up controversy.

To those of you who have speculated, especially negatively, about my situation I can only say you will have to live with the knowledge that by my actions, and not just words, I defended our Rights. Defending the Rights of Americans is something I did, not just talked about, for over 30 years in the US Army at the expense of my physical and mental health.

The situation I faced could have happened to anyone and I mean anyone. This time I defended our Rights by spending over $600,000 in legal fees, my entire retirement savings, to fight immoral and corrupt LEOs and prosecutors who do not believe in or support the Constitution. These traitors of the Constitution only believe they can do whatever they want because they understand better than any of us that it is highly unlikely they will ever be held accountable for their illegal actions. Heck, American law grants them immunity under the guise that it is needed so they can perform their job uninhibited.

Sure, I could have had a free public defender. However, which of you would have wanted a second year law student that had not even passed the Bar exam representing you after you were falsely charged with 150 prison years worth of crimes and assigned the highest bail in a county's history? Again, I am not joking and my public defender was as described above. The defense attorneys I selected are, arguably, the best in Maryland. One constantly appears on television for his legal opinions about national cases, is retained by persons of national and international fame, and has been highly honored by the legal community.

Of course, I would never dare to suggest, let alone ever say, that any of you should stop your negative speculation about my situation. That is our 1st Amendment Right as Americans! However, I will say that you will never truly appreciate your Rights until you have been wrongfully accused by immoral and corrupt LEOs and prosecutors, only to have a State Magistrate and then a Judge explain to you the Rights that you can no longer enjoy until you prove your innocence irrefutably before an honest and unbiased Judge. Why someone is stripped of their Rights simply because they are accused of a crime and before they are found guilty is one of the reasons I say we live with an American Injustice System today!

Being perfectly honest, I can say the only reason I won my case is because I was lucky enough to be assigned the one honest and unbiased Judge in a County Circuit Court. If my case had gone before any of the other Judges in that County Circuit Court there is no doubt in my mind the other Judges would have ruled in favor of the LEOs and prosecutor. In fact, when it became clear that the state would lose, an attempt was made by the County Circuit Court to retry my case before a different Judge and also to use its influence to see if a plea deal could be reached.

Finally, please accept my sincerest thanks for allowing me to post my message on this forum. However, if there is a lawyer who read this post for help and could not be bothered to step-up and do the right thing, please allow me to quote what Reverend Charles F. Aked stated in a speech during October of 1916 (OP note: quote is often incorrectly attributed to Burke), "It has been said that for evil men to accomplish their purpose it is only necessary that good men should do nothing." By doing nothing, you are not only placing yourself at risk but you are placing your family and anyone else you care about at risk to government tyranny.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    OP, you certainly have a way with words. I congratulate you and wish you the best with this case. Thank you for standing up and fighting without giving up like many would do. To pour such a large sum of money in this tells me that you are very certain of the path you have chosen to take.

I certainly hope you have the time to spend on this forum for not only this, but your many other experiences.

Thank you for your service to our country, and keep fighting the good fight!

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    No attorney in the world is going to turn down a case - good one or bad one - unless: (i) the client can't pay; (ii) the case presents a conflict of interest vis-a-vis another client; (iii) the client is unsavory; or (iv) the issues involved in the case conflict with the attorney's personal views. Those are the ONLY reasons a lawyer wouldn't take a case. If NO attorney is running to take this case, either item (i) or item (iii) exists. Lawyers don't work for free.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    No attorney in the world is going to turn down a case - good one or bad one - unless: (i) the client can't pay; (ii) the case presents a conflict of interest vis-a-vis another client; (iii) the client is unsavory; or (iv) the issues involved in the case conflict with the attorney's personal views. Those are the ONLY reasons a lawyer wouldn't take a case. If NO attorney is running to take this case, either item (i) or item (iii) exists. Lawyers don't work for free.
    Lawyers most certainly do work for free (from time to time)...it's called pro bono. Just so we keep things right.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Lawyers most certainly do work for free (from time to time)...it's called pro bono. Just so we keep things right.

Believe me, I understand pro bono. Never say never, but it is extremely unlikely that you will find a lawyer who is willing to take on this kind of case for free. The case would have to involve some compelling issue. Like I said, if NO lawyer is willing to take this case, there's a reason. If the reason is because the plaintiff can't pay, then that just goes to my point above - this isn't the type of case that a lawyer is going to handle pro bono.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Believe me, I understand pro bono. Never say never, but it is extremely unlikely that you will find a lawyer who is willing to take on this kind of case for free. The case would have to involve some compelling issue. Like I said, if NO lawyer is willing to take this case, there's a reason. If the reason is because the plaintiff can't pay, then that just goes to my point above - this isn't the type of case that a lawyer is going to handle pro bono.

The suit would be undoubtedly under 42 usc 1983 against the officers personally (and against their employer if there was "policy or practice" challenged. That's a tough case, given qualified immunity defenses. If the lawyer wins, he gets fees and costs under Section 1988. That's a big *if* Fee arrangements vary all over the map, but typically the client advance some of the costs while the lawyer's fees are contingent on winning.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    OP, you certainly have a way with words. I congratulate you and wish you the best with this case. Thank you for standing up and fighting without giving up like many would do. To pour such a large sum of money in this tells me that you are very certain of the path you have chosen to take.

I certainly hope you have the time to spend on this forum for not only this, but your many other experiences.

Thank you for your service to our country, and keep fighting the good fight!

+1 This.

Thanks OP for sharing this with us, it makes our community stronger.

I'm very glad it worked out for you, big leap of faith.

Last edited:

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    I do quite a bit of pro bono (for my clients) 1983 litigation. I only do that when the case is slam dunk and I am assured attorneys fees. Or when the client can't afford a lawyer and his case is just. This is just me mind you but when I know the client has spent his money on a previous attorney litigating the same matter it puts a bad taste in my mouth to represent that person for free. I get the feeling that the potential client thinks little of my legal abilities and is having me represent him because he is out of money. I don't live in Maryland so I could not represent you even if I wanted to. However if I were you I'd consider the fact that you are asking for a lawyer to take on a case for free which will tie up years of his life in all likelihood when you were willing to spend 600 thousand dollars on a separate but related legal matter. Ultimately the question you have to answer is why should a potential lawyer look to his inner goodness to represent you when other lawyers were not asked that question rather they were written a check.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I do quite a bit of pro bono (for my clients) 1983 litigation. I only do that when the case is slam dunk and I am assured attorneys fees. Or when the client can't afford a lawyer and his case is just. This is just me mind you but when I know the client has spent his money on a previous attorney litigating the same matter it puts a bad taste in my mouth to represent that person for free. I get the feeling that the potential client thinks little of my legal abilities and is having me represent him because he is out of money. I don't live in Maryland so I could not represent you even if I wanted to. However if I were you I'd consider the fact that you are asking for a lawyer to take on a case for free which will tie up years of his life in all likelihood when you were willing to spend 600 thousand dollars on a separate but related legal matter. Ultimately the question you have to answer is why should a potential lawyer look to his inner goodness to represent you when other lawyers were not asked that question rather they were written a check.

You would think a lawyer who already made $600,000 off a client might be willing to do a little contingency or pro bono work for that same client.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Most attorneys have a hard enough time getting paid by their paying clients and make no where near as much as others would like to believe. I realize this involves fundamental rights, but this is the equivalent of asking a builder to spend a year or two building house, fronting all of the materials and labor with no guarantee of ever getting paid, and even if successful not recovering a windfall relative to the risk, but rather just a reasonable fee. I wish the OP success, but this will take a special kind of attorney that has both the skills, financial resources, desire and nothing better to do.

Last edited:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    You would think a lawyer who already made $600,000 off a client might be willing to do a little contingency or pro bono work for that same client.
    A criminal defense attorney may not have the expertise to take on the civil case.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Wow, sounds like a train wreck for a first post. That's a lot to swallow without so much as a case citation to public information. Bar counsel, Mr. Grossman, has shown himself to be an equal opportunity prosecutor of those violating the standards of professional conduct, so I am confident if there is anything to these allegations at least he will provide some details at the appropriate time.:rolleyes:

Yep, Bar Council will disbar attorneys without blinking an eye. I have seen it happen to several well known, "high power" attorneys. I doubt Bar Council would blink an eye at disbarring a State's Attorney if what the OP said is factually true. Of course, the process of the investigation, etc. can take a year or two. The attorney being investigated has the right of appeal, which most take.

Like everything, the facts are what matters. If no attorney is willing to take this case on a contingency, and there are plenty of starving attorneys in the Baltimore/DC area, then it means the case isn't a slam dunk.

However, I'm pretty sure you already know all of the above. Just typing it for those that do not.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

If there is a good possibility of a monetary award, an attorney would take this case without requiring a retainer or a single cent paid before entry of a judgment. However, since attorneys are not lining up to take this case on a contingency fee basis, it probably means it isn't the world's best case. So, if no attorney is offering a contingency fee, then it would come down to whether the OP wants to foot the actual litigation bill, which would be monstrous in size. Of course, the recovery could be monstrous too. Just that no attorney is willing to take the risk on a contingency fee.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    The suit would be undoubtedly under 42 usc 1983 against the officers personally (and against their employer if there was "policy or practice" challenged. That's a tough case, given qualified immunity defenses. If the lawyer wins, he gets fees and costs under Section 1988. That's a big *if* Fee arrangements vary all over the map, but typically the client advance some of the costs while the lawyer's fees are contingent on winning.

I feel like I just found out there is no Santa Clause.

I haven't had any dealings with the legal system, so I'm learning a lot about how things work. The fact that someone can get screwed and those responsible are not held accountable because there's not enough money in it...well, that sucks. I mean, I definitely get it but it must be terribly frustrating to be the screwed party.

I don't even know how much I don't know! It sure is tough growing up :sad20:

ETA: I know you aren't speaking to this case in particular, but rather the general scenario being presented. I'm not offering any opinion on this particular matter either....just some general thoughts.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

How is one expected to have the money for a CIVIL case lawyer if one spent one's entire life savings on the CRIMINAL case lawyer? :shrug:

IANAL, but I thought civil and criminal trials are two different arenas with different specialities/players and therefore, the criminal case lawyer is not the one for the civil case.

Taurus454

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2015
    Please note that after my victory, I had a long discussion with my attorneys about the civil case.

The reason they will not take the case as stated to me are as follows:

1) Contingency Fee. Maryland jurors have a long history of NOT AWARDING a high amount of damages and penalties for civil rights violations. Ask yourself when was the last time you heard of a large award being dealt to a winning party of a civil rights case in Maryland? More than likely never unless, of course, you are foolish enough to believe civil rights are never violated in Maryland! So, if they win, there is very high chance there will be little contingency money for the legal team.

2) Attorney Fees. After the award has been set, assuming you win, a special hearing is convened to award attorney fees. At the special hearing, a Judge rules on what is reimbursable to the winning legal team. Again, Maryland Judges have a long history of disallowing a large percentage of attorney fees as "unnecessary" which means that the attorneys will not be fully reimbursed for their efforts. Heck, I saw first-hand the immoral and corrupt actions of a County Circuit Court when they tried to have my case retried by a new Judge after it became clear that the State was going to lose. The piece of garbage Judge who oversaw the meeting even "ordered" the prosecutor to offer me a "better plea deal" in the hopes I would take it.

BOTTOM LINE: My attorney was honest and stated that while I had a solid case there was really no profit in this case for his firm. As it is a firm with partners, even if he wanted to take the case his partners would simply not permit it because a victory could mean a potential loss or break even for their firm.

As for me, I respect my attorneys honesty and candor. I also can appreciate their position. My hope was to locate an attorney that still feels strongly about the Constitution and the Rights of the People. Unfortunately, when it comes to the overwhelming majority of lawyers left in Amerika today, it seems that all they care about is the all mighty dollar. It certainly goes a long way explaining another reason why immoral and corrupt LEOs and prosecutors are not held accountable for their actions.

Being perfectly honest, there was one famous attorney who was willing to take the case. However, he took another case in Maryland that has taken on national interest and simply will not have the time for my case. I can also understand his position since I know the case he is working on and am sure the payday will be phenomenal for him. Again, I can find no fault with his decision, particularly since I am still alive and the other person is dead despite the fact that County Sheriffs wanted me dead, were looking for a reason to shoot me on more than one occasion as I was arrested and later harassed following my release on the highest bail in a county's history despite not being charged with a single count of violent behavior, and even denied me my life prolonging medication while I was unlawfully imprisoned and tortured.

As an aside, I was greatly disappointed at the complete and total lack of ethical behavior of the prosecutor. I was even a bit angry at the Judge for not addressing the prosecutorial misconduct that was prevalent everyday of my case. Again, it was the Judge who even pointed out to the defense that the prosecutor had violated the ex parte rule by sending him correspondence without providing a copy to the defense. Unfortunately, I learned that in the entire recorded history of Maryland, you will find no record of prosecutorial misconduct ever being ruled against a Maryland prosecutor. For me, I would really love to believe that Maryland has been blessed with "perfect" prosecutors during its entire recorded history but, then again, I know the truth first-hand. The simple fact is that while LEOs have a Blue Wall Of Silence there also exists a Black Wall Of Silence among Maryland lawyers and Judges. Case-in-point: none of the defense attorneys were willing to file a Bar complaint against the prosecutor!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom