• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013

I have one of those, have used it a handful of times, and it works for me pretty well. First off, on a bolt action or other rifle where you can actually look through the bore, it's not needed. On semi-autos I've used this Bushnell, pointing the rifle at the longest distance to a wall available in my house, about 25 feet. It's good enough to get within a few to 5 inches or so of POA at 25 yards. Do the rest of your adjustment at the range.

When you put the boresighter in the barrel, don't count on it being precisely centered. Rotate it in the barrel and likely you'll find that it traces out a circle on your target. Figure out & mark the center of that circle, then adjust the scope to that center point.

wolf18

Mar 11, 2015
    Western md
    had an argument with my cousin the other day. He said you could use an in chamber bore sight for dry fire practice, i think he had a sightmark for his 223. I dont think you can, that it would hurt the firing pin. any truth to this?

Feb 28, 2013
    had an argument with my cousin the other day. He said you could use an in chamber bore sight for dry fire practice, i think he had a sightmark for his 223. I dont think you can, that it would hurt the firing pin. any truth to this?

That may depend on the gun, because some guns like dry firing less than others.

But even still, seems to me if there's something there resembling the borrom of a shell casing, there's something for the firing pin to contact. So that shouldn't really bother it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom