• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    that's OK, I can't remember what you look like either. :D

mayb we should do a “hi, my name is... " before the safety meeting lol

Do u really live in VA? Drive all the way up to delta for the shoot?!?!

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I think the biggest challenge this Sunday will be the condition of the range. I was there today and it's an ice and mud pit. The handgun range behind the clubhouse is still 80% ice covered as is the one across the stream. The rifle range is swampy. Parking should be a delight too. With the mud the way it is and the gun show on the same day as the shoot, I can't figure out where all the vehicles will go.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I think the biggest challenge this Sunday will be the condition of the range. I was there today and it's an ice and mud pit. The handgun range behind the clubhouse is still 80% ice covered as is the one across the stream. The rifle range is swampy. Parking should be a delight too. With the mud the way it is and the gun show on the same day as the shoot, I can't figure out where all the vehicles will go.

:shocked3: sounds like I need to catch a carpool again. Not tryin to get the bimmer stuck in that. Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    :shocked3: sounds like I need to catch a carpool again. Not tryin to get the bimmer stuck in that. Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

Should get my slide back tomorrow, so may shoot it on Sunday for fun, or the 320? Your reservation is confirmed, but no frequent flyer miles :D

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va

I was wondering about that as well, might be a more stationary course of fire for Sunday, going to be a bit chilly too..

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I'm a total noob to steel matches. Other than the obvious pistol, ammo, safety gear, what do I need to bring? I suspect a holster, but I don't have one (unless I shoot my M1917. :D). I can use a G22, G27 or 1911 - I lean toward the G27 as I've shot it the most and I'm comfortable with it.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    You do not need a holster. You can shoot from low ready. In fact, if you haven't practice drawing from a holster to shoot, the match might not be a good place to do it for the first time. Use whatever handgun you are most comfortable with at first. Once you get used to doing matches you should try different stuff just for fun.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    :party29:

What are planning to use?

Wanted to use the new Springfield just for fun (and practice b/c I am getting into the new CCP division in IDPA), but I had to send the 3.8 slide to TruGlo b/c of a new front sight issue. I won't have it back, so probably the 320, but I am thinking I'll bring my 1911 and maybe shoot big boolits for a change! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom