• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I know, not gun related.. But it will keep you from buying more guns :D

Anyone else get a hell of shock recently? Ours is up 7% from a year ago. :mad54:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I know, not gun related.. But it will keep you from buying more guns :D

Anyone else get a hell of shock recently? Ours is up 7% from a year ago. :mad54:

Nah, ours is way down. The place was assessed at the bottom of the real estate bubble crash, they knocked a couple hundred grand off the value. They can only raise the value 10% per assessment, so you'll be paying my freight for another decade.

Thank you.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If they knocked off $200K , that had to be high in the first place. I'm sure you are still getting reamed too :D
    Fair warning when your cycle is up..

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Nah, ours is way down. The place was assessed at the bottom of the real estate bubble crash, they knocked a couple hundred grand off the value. They can only raise the value 10% per assessment, so you'll be paying my freight for another decade.

Thank you.

Is that 10% with the Homestead Tax Credit? They can only raise it 4% in Baltimre County

I found it. It is 10% in most of the state.

http://www.dat.state.md.us/sdatweb/homestead_percent.html

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Honestly, I feel like I'm being taken advantage of with respect to property taxes. I've done well in my professional life and have several rental properties now but it kinda pisses me off at how big some of the checks I'm writing for property tax on not even remotely luxurious or large houses are. I have homes in neighborhoods that are infested with illegals having children (whom are by birth American citizens of course..), whose parents get lots of government assistance due to the kids, and live in overcrowded dwellings, taking all open parking spots with vehicles owned by folks renting what seems to be just either a room or floor space. The neighborhood has been essentially ruined by these people and no way any normal person with income needed to buy in wants to move or buy into these areas due to it being like a 3rd world mini neighborhood... Rents in our area are over 2k per month so it's not like a cheap neighborhood, and HUD has bought several town homes and just subsidized the crap out of them. The occupants are dirty and just trash their homes. I'm all for kicking their asses out but if I say anything I'm a racist or non supporter of "diversity". I guess I should be lucky that my property taxes "only" went up 4% this year, and that some goes to help these people assimilate and become productive members of our society. I'm still waiting for any of that to happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Honestly, I feel like I'm being taken advantage of with respect to property taxes. I've done well in my professional life and have several rental properties now but it kinda pisses me off at how big some of the checks I'm writing for property tax on not even remotely luxurious or large houses are. I have homes in neighborhoods that are infested with illegals having children (whom are by birth American citizens of course..), whose parents get lots of government assistance due to the kids, and live in overcrowded dwellings, taking all open parking spots with vehicles owned by folks renting what seems to be just either a room or floor space. The neighborhood has been essentially ruined by these people and no way any normal person with income needed to buy in wants to move or buy into these areas due to it being like a 3rd world mini neighborhood... Rents in our area are over 2k per month so it's not like a cheap neighborhood, and HUD has bought several town homes and just subsidized the crap out of them. The occupants are dirty and just trash their homes. I'm all for kicking their asses out but if I say anything I'm a racist or non supporter of "diversity". I guess I should be lucky that my property taxes "only" went up 4% this year, and that some goes to help these people assimilate and become productive members of our society. I'm still waiting for any of that to happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

raise the rent to cover the increase

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Way over 6K this year and last year.....in friggin Olney.

Come on, this isn't Potomac Ike.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    I got a card from a tax assessor on my front door with a note about my "new" deck about a month ago so i knew it was going to go up.... it did

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    When I get my property tax bill from Montgomery County I feel like I'm Ned Beatty. Nuff said!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom