• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • osu_peanuts

Jan 29, 2015
    Wanted to take the time to thank everyone here in the boards for the private messages of encouragement and getting me pushed in the right direction. I was able to do this project myself with your guidance and this was a pretty fun build. So here is the total parts and pieces and let people pick it apart. But I think it turned out pretty good. My goal was to have a safe and reliable long range tactical rifle for a reasonable price that my wife and I could both shoot.

Standard: Remington 700 AAC-SD .308
    20” 1:10 twist Heavy Barrel with 5/8-24 Threaded Muzzle
    Pillar bedded Ghillie Green Hogue over-molded stock. Heavy contour barrel has a 5/8-24 inch threaded muzzle to accept all AAC suppressors

Modifications:
    Bell and Carlson Medalist M40 Varmint/Tactical Rifle Stock Remington 700 BDL - Midway USA
    Wyatt's Outdoors Trigger Guard and Detachable Magazine Assembly Remington 700 Short Action -Midway USA

Badger Ordnance 1-Piece Maximized Picatinny-Style 20 MOA Elevated Scope Base and short Badger 30mm rings - Midway

Primary Arms® New 4-14X44 FFP Scope with Patented ACSS® HUD DMR .308/.223 Reticle
    PRODUCT CODE: PA4-14XFFP308

Harris S-BRM Bipod Leg Notch Sling Swivel Stud Mount 6" to 9" Black

Witt Machine Directional Muzzle Break

The biggest question I had going into this project was the merger between the stock and the trigger guard. I actually called many local services and many people said I would have the stock altered to fit the trigger guard.
    I had some people post and others private message me and say It wouldn't need any work at all.

The good news is the merger between these two systems is drop in.
    Zero modification required. The setup I have above went together in about a half hour trouble free.

Hopefully on the 14th I will get a chance to go out and get some rounds on paper to test this new build that the community has really helped put together. So here is some pictures and of course if you have any questions let me know.

Again thanks for the help!!

Peanut

Muzzle Break
    mZ6oRuHFhJ3eR4BJ.jpg

large_dir_brake-27-Jan-2015-_DSC1579.jpg

View attachment 145187

Attachments

• 20150304_031022.jpg
      20150304_031022.jpg
      44 KB · Views: 1,445
    • 20150304_031102.jpg
      20150304_031102.jpg
      36.1 KB · Views: 1,496
    • XPA414XFFP308D.jpg
      XPA414XFFP308D.jpg
      35.5 KB · Views: 1,596

osu_peanuts

Jan 29, 2015
    Sorry for the slow reply, long day at the office. 250 for the stock and 250 for the bottom. I love it personally because everything just goes together and zero fuss. Really want.to see what I get out at the range but for the price ita hard to beat. But will definitely post shots on paper.

osu_peanuts

Jan 29, 2015
    Oh and please do copy, this setup is a great project and me and my family really enjoyed putting it together. The parts all coming together without any fuss makes it a perfect family project.

BabyCAP

Jun 5, 2013
    MoCo, MD
    Oh and please do copy, this setup is a great project and me and my family really enjoyed putting it together. The parts all coming together without any fuss makes it a perfect family project.

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing all the info, prices, etc. Nice to hear first hand how it all came together.:thumbsup:

Thank you

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Awesome i have a similar build. How is the bottom metal? Its my next purchase.
    I have the Wyatts. One mag would not feed the 2nd to last round in the mag properly. Had to disassemble the mag and modify the spring to get it to work right. My other mag worked fine right off the bat. Fairly common problem after some reading. My advice is if you haven't gotten a stock for your 700 yet get one already inletted for bottom metal that uses AI mags.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Bump*

I think something similar is going to be my next gun. Going to start with this same rifle, build it on the Magpul Hunter stock coming out this year, and suppress it, eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom