• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    One can only hope that the low information voters will not be enthusiastic with no real incentive and will stay at home.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I like to add that he's extremely unqualified for the position in comparison to other governor's and candidates. But as the news articles points out....I don't mind himself shooting himself in the foot with his current campaign

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I have no doubts that the fraud machine will be cranked up if the polling looks too bad for Brown. Somehow, like the 1998 governor's race, the election will be narrowly carried by Brown.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    The fraud machine is already kicked into high gear, don't worry.

The Brown campaign is already recycling standard zombie lies.

I don't understand why no one is calling Brown out for the outlandish ads and statements he's making about Hogan. I understand that there's always puffery and hyperbole in politics, but all out lies seems like election fraud to me. What ever happened to the complaint(s) that Hogan filed against Brown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    I don't understand why no one is calling Brown out for the outlandish ads and statements he's making about Hogan. I understand that there's always puffery and hyperbole in politics, but all out lies seems like election fraud to me. What ever happened to the complaint(s) that Hogan filed against Brown?

Hogan had a press conference about it.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Real Clear Politics Poll

I was just checking out the Real Clear Politics poll tracking. Every Poll has Brown ahead, but it seems like the polls show the gap closing over time. The polls do not take into account last night's debate.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/governor/md/maryland_governor_hogan_vs_brown-5098.html

I caught a short quip by Dana Perino on "The Five" on Fox News tonight. I thought I heard her say that Brown was only ahead by a percent - but I don't see where she is getting that number from.

I think that there is a chance the race could at least be "interesting" :-)

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Brown got $125,000 every year from the state of Maryland to:
    Step up when O'Malley died
    Step up when O'Malley went to prison
    Roll out Obamacare in MD.

O'Malley didn't cooperate with the first 2 and and Brown was asleep at the switch for the 3rd.

Maryland did just find when Mandel went to prison without a Lt Gov. The position is a waste of OUR money and should be eliminated.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Interesting blurb about Lt. Governor from Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_of_Maryland

In 1971, the office of Lieutenant Governor of Maryland, which had existed for only a few years in the 1860s, was re-instituted by an amendment to the Maryland Constitution. The Lieutenant Governor is a weak office compared to other counterparts (in other states including Texas, the Lieutenant Governor is the President of the State's Senate, while in California the Lieutenant Governor assumes all of the Governor's powers when the sitting Governor is out of the state), as it only possesses the powers and duties that the Governor assigns to him or her. The Lieutenant Governor is elected on the same ballot with the Governor, and to the same term-of-office as the Governor. The Lieutenant Governor succeeds to the Governorship only if there is a vacancy in that office.[13] Despite the Governor and Lieutenant Governor being elected on the same party ticket, very often there have been public rifts between the two; for instance Gov. Marvin Mandel and Lt. Gov. Blair Lee IV; Gov. Harry R. Hughes and Lt. Gov. Samuel W. Bogley III; Gov. Schaefer and Lt. Gov. Melvin A. Steinberg., and Gov. Parris Glendening and Lt. Gov. Kathleen Kennedy Townsend. [14] No Lieutenant Governor of Maryland has yet been elected as the Governor in future elections, or permanently succeeded to the Governor's office due to a vacancy (which would be created by the resignation, death, or removal of the sitting Governor), although Blair Lee III served as acting Governor from June 4, 1977 until January 15, 1979 while Governor Marvin Mandel was serving a sentence for mail fraud and racketeering (consequently, in a modern example of Damnatio memoriae, Mandel's official gubernatorial portrait was not hung in the Maryland State House Governor's Reception Room until 1993).[11]

bigdaddycoolfm

Mar 24, 2014
    My favorite part of the debate the other night

I watched the debate and had to say that Hogan is just a normal guy and that is what i like. It was great when Brown starts with "there will be no new taxes to review under him" Hogan just looked over and pointed out "really like the last 40 hikes that brown and no'malley put in...." loved that...:thumbsup:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I thought it was interesting how at one point during the debate, Brown's mind must have jumped time and he thought he was debating Bob Ehrlich with all kinds of nasty accusatory things about what "you did" in the state government.

Hogan held a cabinet post - he wasn't the governor by a long shot.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I thought it was interesting how at one point during the debate, Brown's mind must have jumped time and he thought he was debating Bob Ehrlich with all kinds of nasty accusatory things about what "you did" in the state government.

Hogan held a cabinet post - he wasn't the governor by a long shot.

Well, by the same token, the reality is that you really can't blame Brown for things that O'Malley did either. Of course, the difference is that Brown is the Lt Givernor and is in charge of some things, and we know he shares O'Malley's philosophy. The biggest thing for me is that it's clear that Brown is delusional and really has no clue about reality and the situation that Maryland faces. That, and he's a democrat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom