• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    One of the best, just got better.

http://www.military.com/video/guns/rifles/x95-flat-top/1709665464001/

From wiki:

The Micro Tavor (MTAR-21), also designated X95 and sometimes called Tavor-2, is a stand-alone extremely compact weapon specifically designed for special forces units, as well as military personnel who are normally not issued long assault rifles.

With the use of a relatively simple conversion kit, the MTAR-21 can be converted from a 5.56*mm assault rifle to a 9*mm submachine gun loaded with 20, 25, and 32-round magazines. A suppressor can also be added to the weapon, it is part of the 9*mm conversion kit. An integrated grenade launcher is currently being developed for the Micro Tavor. In November 2009, the Micro Tavor was selected as the future standard infantry weapon of the IDF.[5]

According to an interview with Michael Kassnar of Trans World Arms at the SHOT Show 2012, Trans World Arms is planning to bring the civilian version of Tavor to market around September-October 2012 timeframe.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Doubling back now, about 12 hours later... I see over 60 views, no posts; interesting.

If a civilian version of this gun comes to the states it will be a record setter. Combines virtually all of the best features of modern battle rifles, and uses your standard AR mags. What more could you want in a target shooting, 3-gun, home defense, collectors dream, zombie infested, historically significant, über cool show piece?

(rhetorical question, maybe not. :))

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I'd be all over a new Israeli import! But with 922(r) issues call me a skeptic that it will happen as planned. And certainly not at prices that will make it anything but an investment.

These are very cool though. I've never been particularly tempted to own a bullpup but an IMI made one... drool worthy...

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    thats an awesome gun. the bipod looks stupid on it though. cool sights that are integrated into the rail. when are they going to get a trigger guard on these things? cant wait for these in usa. wasnt charles daily supposed to get these in before elections?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I've been excited about the Tavor's ever since I saw them on the Discovery channel. Not sure why, but the big brother (TAR-21) has been mfg'd since 2002, but still no where to be found in the US. To add insult, I believe there's a version specifically made for Canuk consumption.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'd be all over a new Israeli import! But with 922(r) issues call me a skeptic that it will happen as planned. And certainly not at prices that will make it anything but an investment.
    IWI is building a plant in New York to make the Tavor and Uzi domestically. There have been some claims that they may also make the Galil ACE for LE, but I'll believe that when I see it.

My impression is that only the TAR and CTAR variants of the Tavor will have semi-auto civilian versions, though. The MTAR with a 9mm conversion kit would be one hell of a collector's item, though. The release date has been pushed back to May 2013 last I checked.

I know a couple Israelis who have carried the Tavor during service... they liked it, and given what whiners they are, that's pretty impressive to me.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    IWI is building a plant in New York to make the Tavor and Uzi domestically. There have been some claims that they may also make the Galil ACE for LE, but I'll believe that when I see it.

My impression is that only the TAR and CTAR variants of the Tavor will have semi-auto civilian versions, though. The MTAR with a 9mm conversion kit would be one hell of a collector's item, though. The release date has been pushed back to May 2013 last I checked.

I know a couple Israelis who have carried the Tavor during service... they liked it, and given what whiners they are, that's pretty impressive to me.

That would be awesome.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Very nice, but I could not find one for sale through Google to get an idea of its price ranges. Is this mil only for now? The size looks perfect; any idea of the barrel length? Every site I checked only reported that this thing comes in three different barrel lengths. Also, depending on the site, it is available in 5.56, 7.62 and 9mm. Thanks for introducing it on this thread.

Last edited:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    looks like the civilian version is going to be right around 28" which is good for us!!! Pinned AAC muzzle device and the X95 gets to play with my suppressor........

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    X-95 video from InRange:

I really like the looks of this. Was hoping that the Desert Tech MDR and Radom MSBS bullpup would make it to Shot so we could see comparisons to all of them, but it doesn't look like that will be the case.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Just finished watching American Rifleman where they went to Israel and reviewed the gun. I had no interest in a bull pup before seeing that. Pretty sweet.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I've always wanted a bullpup and the Tavor caught my eye. I will get either the X95 or DT MDR. The deciding factor for me will be their accuracy.

Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The X-95 has a lighter trigger and they went to the AR style mag release button--a big win for people with only AR training/muscle memory.

Some have seen the Standard Tavor with the mag release behind the wrist of the trigger hand as a deficit, with some dropped mags for people on the move during run & gun matches. Training issue then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom