• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    You're good. I emailed Sgt Jones at the Pikesville location and he said blue ink from the notary is OK. That is CONFIRMED

Many thanks for that. :beer:

Now I have to get around the fact that I mailed in $112.00 vice $75.00 because I did the Livescan. I emailed them and asked if I could just mail them a check for the correct amount and have them destroy the old check. We'll see. I'll probably get the app returned and have to re-submit.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    UPDATE!

I saw on another thread (or two) that some folks had submitted their apps with the old pre-livescan amount of $112.00 vice the required $75.00. Yes, I did this too (because I'm rolling in cash and can't read directions).

I emailed the Licensing Division (licensing@mdsp.org) asking if I could just send them a check for the proper amount so they would not have to return the entire app.

Just got a nice email back saying OK - They will hold on to my app and to send the new check, they'll shred the old one.

Just a heads-up! Never even thought I'd get a reply..

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    UPDATE!

I saw on another thread (or two) that some folks had submitted their apps with the old pre-livescan amount of $112.00 vice the required $75.00. Yes, I did this too (because I'm rolling in cash and can't read directions).

I emailed the Licensing Division (licensing@mdsp.org) asking if I could just send them a check for the proper amount so they would not have to return the entire app.

Just got a nice email back saying OK - They will hold on to my app and to send the new check, they'll shred the old one.

Just a heads-up! Never even thought I'd get a reply..

I sent an email a week ago today asking to be sent an app packet...haven't heard anything back yet. No "No, we can't do that" or "Sure, it's in the mail"...nothing. I'm just waiting to see if it shows up in my mailbox.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I sent an email a week ago today asking to be sent an app packet...haven't heard anything back yet. No "No, we can't do that" or "Sure, it's in the mail"...nothing. I'm just waiting to see if it shows up in my mailbox.

You may as well download and print it. This isn't Florida you are dealing with.....

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    Standard MD cards...I'm in PA

Better to do LiveScan at this point, anyway. They say the CJIS cards won't be accepted after the 19th, and they may mean that they won't accept them if they don't happen to get around to your permit app until after then.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I believes those are FBI cards, not MSP. Better to do LiveScan at this point, anyway. They say the CJIS cards won't be accepted after the 19th, and they may mean that they won't accept them if they don't happen to get around to your permit app until after then.

Nope. He can ONLY do Livescan (live) in MD, has to do with the coding. They check a specific box (MSP Licensing). They will still be accepting cards from out of state. Only difference will be he will need to remit the $36.50 (or whatever) for the FBI background check.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Whoops, disregard my post.

I'd say order them off of the link above, or get a buddy in MD to grab a few from the local PD or MSP barracks.

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    I submitted the application package today. I went over yesterday and got fingerprinted at the St. Mary’s Co. Sheriff’s office. I hope it goes through, but I don’t really expect to hear much if anything about it until about half past June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom