• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Lots of parking left in the garage down by the bars.

jake12

May 18, 2010
    Will there be anyone around with a MSI pin or polo that I can purchase before the hearings today? I don't plan to speak, emails have already been sent, but Iwould like to make my view known in some way.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Will these bill be voted on today?

No, they'll be voted on by their committees in the next couple of weeks. The chair of the committee can call a vote on the bill whenever he wants, or just table them by fiat and let them die without a vote.

As you might guess, the anti-gun bills always tend to at least get a committee vote. Things like Castle Doctrine are left to die on the vine if it's something pro-self-defense.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Very well written though bashing the establishment will more than likely create a barrior between your intent to protect rights and and the outcome you desire.

Imagine someone reading this that was for the bill. Now you just insulted them indirectly with your choice of words. I wouls suggest you take your quality pen work and seek a softer approach and persuade instead of inflict defensive behavior by the reader.

Just my opinion. You caught my attention to a bill that didn't really draw my interest until I read your words. Though I am on your side by default of the second amendment rights we seek to protect.

Keep up the good work. Just hone the delivery and you'll have them jumping to our side in no time.

Thanks for your thoughts and I respect your opinion, but I prefer my writing style the way it is. I have no problem calling a bigot a bigot. It has been my experience down there that those who are going to vote against us are going to do so anyway, no matter what the logic and evidence point to. It's the 10 percent on the fence I am worried about convincing. ;)

Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Our view from the back of the judiciary committee room.

ForumRunner_20120221_111023.jpg

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    I'm stuck down here in St. Mary's for the electrician class, but I want to thank you witnesses from the bottom of my heart. However you got there, you are doing more important work than you may know. However you feel about your chances, you're the active minority that makes all the difference. You're the reason we have so much left to protect, and so many victories on the horizon. Don't be intimidated, don't be discouraged, and don't forget how important you are. THANK YOU.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Roughly 30 people here on our side so far. Dont see ANY anti gun people yet

matt.ruszala

Jan 31, 2012
    NorthEast Baltimore City
    Thanks for your thoughts and I respect your opinion, but I prefer my writing style the way it is. I have no problem calling a bigot a bigot. It has been my experience down there that those who are going to vote against us are going to do so anyway, no matter what the logic and evidence point to. It's the 10 percent on the fence I am worried about convincing. ;)

Cool. Thanks for going easy on me. I was hoping not to get your feathers ruffled with my observation. that's the beauty of a free society. We can see things differently without beating up on each other. Peace.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom