• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 8, 2013
    Just started welding and need some steel for a couple projects.

Anyone know of a bulk seller in the county? Preferably close to 97.

Don't want to pay HD, Lowes, or tractor supply prices.

Thanks

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    If you don't mind driving to Howard Co. I have all but the 1x2 tube in stock That I can let you have for a good price. Just shoot me a PM

Jan 8, 2013
    Can't think of the name (changed a few times over the years) but you can see it from 97 off 648 near Cromwell,last I remember it was Chesco.

Found them. EJ enterprises. Website says the don't sell regular steel. Just stainless.

Jan 8, 2013
    If you don't mind driving to Howard Co. I have all but the 1x2 tube in stock That I can let you have for a good price. Just shoot me a PM

Sent

Try Stone Steel located in Baltimore. www.stonesteelcorp.com When shopping around on mid size orders of 30 ton plus they are always low. Wish you the best.

Oh man...I know this hobby will eat a lot of time and money but I think I have a long way to go before 30tons at a time.

Jan 8, 2013
    Not doubting you but that doesn't sound right.They even have a section in the back where they sell scraps/cut-offs,everything from 6" long 2x2 tubing to 4' 1x1 angle,etc.I think EJ was the previous name.

Cool. I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what's up. Worst case I run down at lunch or after work.

Would have the lead without your input. Thanks!

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Check with scrap yards. A lot of scrap yard will let you take what you want and you just pay them scrap weight or a little higher. That is exactly what you want for steel your just practicing with. You could always go to a scrap yard and sit outside. When you some stuff you want in the back of the truck offer the guy more than scrap money for it. 20 bucks will probably get you more than you can use for a while. Remember steel is at about 10 cents a pound.

Nodak Kid

Jun 30, 2013
    USA
    Sent

Oh man...I know this hobby will eat a lot of time and money but I think I have a long way to go before 30tons at a time.

There are a wholesaler that will fill & deliver any size order. Sorry if I mislead you. Cant hurt to give them a call and see if they can save you some coin on your hobby...:)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'll be paying attention to this thread. Planning on getting into welding after tax season and welding myself up a new firewood splitter. Been putting together the plans and figuring out what I need, but have no clue where to get the steel I-beam and the rest of the steel at.

OP - what are you welding up?

spicedcrab

Feb 10, 2013
    I sell kids 4 wheelers and they are packaged with an angle iron frame all the way around when I get them. I have been selling it as scrap metal. Its about 20 feet of angle total per 4 wheeler, I can sell it to you for about $5 each crate if you want to come to Pasadena to get it.

Thanks, John, 410 703-5688

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    How thick are you looking for? I think I have 8' of 1.5 square tube 1/4 thick I used for a rock slider project

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom