• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    Guys,

This company seems to have taken over the intellectual property of DDLES. These are amazing lowers for the 9mm AR platform.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    They are very high quality lowers. Even better than when DDLES made them. Here is my QC10 Colt SBR.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    DDLES never made them. The QC guys made them under contract for DDLES.

QC claims on their website that they took over production from the last manufacturer, which leads me to believe that DDLES either made them or had someone else make them. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Here is what I'm referring to:

http://www.qcircle10.com/colt-9mm.html

These Lowers are Manufactured by us at our facility in Tucson Arizona. They are CNC machined in house on our machines. We made a decision that all lower receivers will be made out of 7075 aluminum. The previous company used 6061 to cut costs and charged an extra $50.00 for 7075, something we declined to do. We have also implemented a quality control program and stand behind each and every lower we sell. Each lower comes with all proprietary parts installed.

Large frame is .45 (Glock 21) I believe and small takes 9mm/.40 mags. I have the small built for Glock 9mm mags.

Caliber. Small frame Glocks are the 9/40/357. Large frame Glocks are 45 and 10mm.

Thank You,I know nothing of the Glock platform and thought the only difference in 9mm ARs were mag differences.Makes sense, now I want a .45 too.:sad20:

ArSoNZ28

Mar 20, 2009
    Delaware
    Don’t plan on picking it up cash and carry. Tried to transfer one two weeks ago and NICS insisted it had to go through MSP. Even the supervisor was adamant all receivers no matter the firearm had to go through MSP. :sad20:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Don’t plan on picking it up cash and carry. Tried to transfer one two weeks ago and NICS insisted it had to go through MSP. Even the supervisor was adamant all receivers no matter the firearm had to go through MSP. :sad20:

Umm, check with Duffy's or Engage. I had a DDLES stripped lower transferred through Duffy's with no issues and no wait. (cash and carry)

ArSoNZ28

Mar 20, 2009
    Delaware
    Umm, check with Duffy's or Engage. I had a DDLES stripped lower transferred through Duffy's with no issues and no wait. (cash and carry)
    That was my understanding too, but on that particular night no one on the phone would let it go through. Perhaps it is due to the relatively recent allowance of AR15 receivers with MSP approval. May have been just the wrong night to call.

I remember it was stated as being multi-cal which may have raised the red flag of an AR receiver. Perhaps it would have gone smoother if it was noted as pistol caliber. Dealer pushed for a supervisor and made it clear the firearm was a standard long gun receiver, not any sort of copycat but they would have none of it.

DYI01

Jan 8, 2015
    Post 10/1, I've had two, DDLES, Colt pattern, stripped lowers transferred C&C without any issues. I had them transferred through 2A and even confirmed with them before purchasing both times that they were legal and C&C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom