• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Just got my first C&R, a CZ 82 from SOG. Stamped above the trigger on the frame is PW ARMS REDMOND WA. I couldn't find anything online so I'll be putting CZ / PW Arms in the column for Manufacturer / Importer.

Couple of questions on the pistol. There is a 1/16" gap between the frame and slide, below where it say CZECH REPUBLIC on the slide to where it says PW ARMS on the frame above the trigger guard. Is this normal?

Also the face of the hammer that strikes the firing pin is about 1/4" from the firing pin. I can push the hammer forward maybe an 1/8". Is this also normal? SOG said all the CZ 82s they have are like this. The slides racks well and locks tight. Everything seems good with the gun, I just wanted to get your alls expert opinions before I field strip it, clean it and take it to the range.

Thanks for all your input.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I think it is a safety device, the hammer cannot contact the firing pin unless the trigger is pulled? IMHO.

Quite correct. Trigger blocks are pretty standard on most modern guns.

eruby... remove the mag, then pull back the slide and make sure there is nothing in the chamber. Then use your thumb when you pull the trigger to decoc the hammer. Now, as you've noticed, the hammer sits back from the firing pin and won't touch it. Push forward on the hammer, try and make it hit the pin... you can't. This is a normal safety feature.

Now, w/o replacing the mag, pull the slide back again (double checking that there is nothing in the chamber - because I'm anal that way). This time, when you pull the trigger and decock it, keep the trigger pulled fully back. Using your other hand, push the hammer forward toward the firing pin. With the trigger pulled back you should see that you can now engage the firing pin... See, safety feature. Don't lose any sleep over it ;)

Also, FYI, both of my 82's have that gap your talking about. You're really scrutinizing, I had never noticed that before :D

Oh, and yes... PW Arms is your importer.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Quite correct. Trigger blocks are pretty standard on most modern guns.

eruby... remove the mag, then pull back the slide and make sure there is nothing in the chamber. Then use your thumb when you pull the trigger to decoc the hammer. Now, as you've noticed, the hammer sits back from the firing pin and won't touch it. Push forward on the hammer, try and make it hit the pin... you can't. This is a normal safety feature.

Now, w/o replacing the mag, pull the slide back again (double checking that there is nothing in the chamber - because I'm anal that way). This time, when you pull the trigger and decock it, keep the trigger pulled fully back. Using your other hand, push the hammer forward toward the firing pin. With the trigger pulled back you should see that you can now engage the firing pin... See, safety feature. Don't lose any sleep over it ;)

Also, FYI, both of my 82's have that gap your talking about. You're really scrutinizing, I had never noticed that before :D

Oh, and yes... PW Arms is your importer.
    Thanks bkraft. Did what you said and the hammer indeed goes to the firing pin. Hopefully I will get to the range this weekend.

As for overscrutinizing things, all I can do is plead the lyrics of Beck: "Soy un perdador ........" :)

Thanks again for the advice!

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Okay, it looks like i'm getting pretty close to getting my license any day now, so I need to go ahead and get a bound book together. I don't want to make one myself. I'd like to buy a nice one pre-made. I remember seeing some on MidwayUSA or Brownells when I first signed up to MDShooters last fall. Can anyone help me find a nice bound book that will meet the legal requirements of the ATF? I know they are picky about what goes and doesn't go so I want to make sure it's correct for their requirements. :thumbsup: thanks!

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Bigdtc, I'll take the advice of one who's been audited ;O) Thanks for the heads up. I've downloaded the PDF copy of p53004 for reference.

So what commerically manufactured bound books are you guys using, if any? I want one that looks nice and professional (you know in case sexy lady comes to my house to examine my gun.. I don't want to look like a slob).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom