• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    I went to the AGC range today and tried it out. Man, it was really, really fun! I had one problem with a bent round, but it was because I didn't seat the magazine properly, so it was definitely operator error. Other than that, my new AR is like a tack hammer. I felt pretty silly because I didn't have a sight tool, and I didn't have a spotting scope, so I didn't get to sight it in. Today was more about the fun of sending rounds downrange. I'll have the necessary equipment next time...

You need to get a front sight tool (and a .223 broken shell extractor) but you should know that you can adjust the front sight post with nothing more than the tip of a bullet.

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    WARPIG [USMC];1585954 said:
    Did you use any special tools other than a castle nut wrench to put this together? I'm collecting the final pieces to start my first lower build and I'm kinda nervous lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I just did my first build, used a stripped lower and a complete upper. The only specialty tool I used was a castle nut wrench and I feel even that wasn't totally necessary. I would recommend having a set of punches but I did so without them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom